“Valuable and fun experience”

Portland Photo Tour
Ranked #52 of 105 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Going on a trip and want to take more memorable photos? Want to take your camera off "Auto" and have more control over the final image? Portland Photo Tour is a unique, in-the-field, photography learning experience with hands on instruction from photography professional, Jennifer Costello. Photo Tours begin with a brief lesson. Following the lesson, participants are given assignments that receive immediate feedback from Jennifer and help to improve their skills. Photo Tours visit various downtown locations where participants have the opportunity to experiment with what they’ve learned. See the sites of downtown Portland, while you learn to take better photos!
Portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Valuable and fun experience”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My experience with Portland Photo Tour left me feeling accomplished! I have a new confidence taking photos using Manual mode which I had never even used prior to this class. Jennifer, my instructor, was very friendly and helpful. She was available to answer questions and offer advice while we actually got to practice applying newly learned concepts by taking photos of spectacular sites in Portland. I had taken a lecture class previously and could not remember the information by the time I got home. With Portland Photo Tour and Jennifer's help, I feel like I have taken the next step in my growth as an aspiring photographer!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Peggy J
portlandphotosafari, Owner at Portland Photo Tour, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Yeah for manual mode! I'm happy to hear your learned a lot and had fun too!

Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You will leave this experience with more than what you expected, and it will be worth it.”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Jennifer is a skilled instructor who gets right down to the nitty gritty of how to take excellent photos, and I left this two-hour workshop with a new-and-improved approach to using my camera. I have come away from the workshop with some fundamental rules-of-thumb that I know I will use for the rest of my life. I feel like every minute of instruction and practice during the workshop was valuable, and as a bonus I got to see some iconic places in Portland on a beautiful fall day.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Susan A

Been to Portland Photo Tour? Share your experiences!