“Not as Good as They Want to Be”
Review of Wafu - CLOSED

Wafu
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 31st
Transit: #4 bus line one block away.
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I am a ramen junkie and count Japan amongst my favorite places to eat in the world, so I know my Japanese food.

While their dry ramen sauced with tare was delicious, the ramen broth in my lover's order was bland, one dimensional, and unremarkable. It's kind of shocking for a place known as a ramen joint.

There are much better bowls of ramen in PDX.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We went to Portland for ramen....we ends up only having it twice and both were excellent. Shigeza was the other and was trumped by Wafu. The both at Wagu both the shoyu and shio were fantastic...not as good as what we had in Vegas, but excellent nonetheless . The tuna carpaccio, the aburamen, the tempura and the ceviche were all superb. The service was flawless. After the crap we had a Henrys Tavern the night before we felt refreshed!