“15th ave hophouse is delectable”
Review of Oregon Hophouse

Oregon Hophouse
Ranked #1,179 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Portland, Oregon, United States
“15th ave hophouse is delectable”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

we hadn't been to the 15th ave hophouse for a year, but have wanted to return for lunch. we began with a boneyard lite session pilsner and a schilling ginger apple cider. both were good. next, we shared the grilled salmon with green beans, polenta, and a side salad with balsalmic, and a portebello mushroom sandwich and a side salad with balsalmic too. everything was so delicious. the side salad for 2 bucks is huge and generous. the server was funny and friendly. very informative...trombone shorty was playing in the background...thought it was the march 4th marching band, hahaha...we will return....a bonus, was the eagles playing football.

• Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Good beer, the food is actually gross”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Honestly, one of the worst hamburgers I've ever had. My kids aren't picky and neither of them would eat the burgers. They server an odd "flavored" ketchup with the fries which is just silly. Come on guys, get the food right.

On the plus side, the beer selection is out of site.

Go for beer and fries only. If you want good grub, keep movin

• Visited January 2013
Newark, Delaware, United States
“Great beer list with decent bar grub”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The name says it all. Multiple taps and an innovative food menu. It has outdoor picnic tables and indoor seating. Local beers from multiple breweries gives an opportunity to sample the region's great brews. Prices are reasonable. Enjoyable place to enjoy a few brews. Two locations, we visited the 15th Avenue site.

Visited August 2012
Duluth, Minnesota
“Wonderful people, food, beer”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I didn't know the place offered flights of beer, which was great. I got to try a variety of local beer. We were pretty full already, but got a meal to share. It was so good. I managed to eat all of it- a portabello sandwich, one of the best I've ever had.
The server was polite and accommodating for all our requests. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Rochester Hills
“You've got to try the mac and cheese sandwich”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My daughter, who lives in the neighborhood, urged me to try this. It sounded weird, but she is usually right about things like that, so I ordered it. It was delicious! I think the bread was slathered in melted butter. A slice of tomato gave just the right tang to offset the richness of the rest of the sandwich. Probably about 1,000 calories, but worth it. ($10).
BTW, my check says "Hawthorne Hophouse," and I'm assuming this is the same place as the Oregon Hophouse on Hawthorne Ave.

• Visited January 2012