“FUN for all!”

Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade
Ranked #6 of 58 Fun & Games in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade brings the arcade experience into the 21st century with over 100 of the most popular video games and pinball tables in a futuristic multi-level space. Enjoy a full bar and food menu nightly, along with recurring events such as Rock Band x Ground Kontrol, the stand-up comedy night No Pun Intendo and two monthly Free Play Parties!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

During our vacation to Portland we decided to visit Ground Kontrol Arcade. The place was packed with 21-30 year olds and here we are in our 50-60's. But that didn't stop us from having a micro-brew and playing pinball games. What was really nice, like I said the place was packed but whenever we wanted to play a game, it was open. We played pinball for over an hour. For a $5.00 cover fee the place was perfect: all the games you wanted to play were free! I would definitely go back!

2  Thank Judy B

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great variety of old video games and pinball machines, they do a good job of maintenance in terms of keeping the games functional...and the bathrooms! The one plus: They have a bar! You can drink booze! The one minus: No smoking, not like the old days...But still...tons O' fun for an old-school fart like me! And cheap!

3  Thank BeerBackwash
Reviewed 13 May 2014

On our last trip to Portland (we were only there 4 days) - I dragged my husband to this place 2 nights in a row. I spent a small fortune playing the Adams family pinball machine and got drunk on quality Deschutes beer for cheap... what more could you ask for in a night out? Also had some weird vietnamese hotdog.. but that was solid late night drunk food.... I came home wanting to invest in an old school pinball machine.

3  Thank SVMcBos
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a poor man's Gameworks. Place was crowded, there was a laughable $2 cover?!? What??It smelled like musty sweaty teenager inside and to top it off, they were serving $7 shots, one of which ended up curdling before we even drank it. We said something to the bartender to which she replied, "yea, I didn't have the right spoon," and still charged us for them. Should have refused to pay and just left but we just wanted to cut our losses and get the hell out of there. I rarely write bad reviews but this was not a good experience.

2  Thank Downtown48
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a top stop when I go bar hoping downtown! They have a great atmosphere and a lot of classic arcade and pinball games. Even if you're not very good at video games you'll still have lots of fun!

1  Thank KillaMommaBear