“Bread”

Cuisines: Cafe
Yorkton, Canada
“Bread”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had walked for a short while, and began to notice an appetite growing.
We discovered Fleur De Lis Bakery& Cafe by accident. I enjoy espresso, lattes and bread.
We ordered a sandwich each, and soup. The slice of bread was crusty, and moist inside. It had a bouquet that beckoned more bites. The pulled pork sandwich was very tasty, and the salad was an excellent balance for the palate. The latte was distinctive, and I enjoyed it very much.

I wish I could enjoy more of their fare. It is worth seeking out, and at 3:30 it was very quiet.

• Visited October 2013

“only get their french baquettes....but our excellent!!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Just pop in for a baquette when I did one for dinner across the street....but I, am sure everything else is wonderful, by the crowd there.......

• Visited January 2013
Northern California (usually)
“Great breakfast sandwiches.”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I only had two items from here but both were really good. The breakfast sandwich with eggs, goat cheese & red bell peppers on ciabatta bread and an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie were great. It was hard to find on-street parking on a Saturday morning because the place was so popular.

Visited January 2012
Portland, Oregon
“The best loaf in Portland!”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I have yet to dine at this bakery, but they make a loaf of bread called "The Parisienne" that is quite possibly the best bread I have ever had. I have friends who call it "cake" when it is served. Crusty outside, moist and airy inside, it is the perfect complement to a meal of cracked Dungeness Crab, a good bowl of soup, a salad as a main course, for a sandwich, or with wine, cheese, and some charcuterie. IMHO it doesn't get much better.

• Visited December 2011