“Would stay here again!”

Ranked #13 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Would stay here again!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great hotel perfectly located in downtown Portland. The staff and customer service were exceptional. The room was small but quaint with very comfortable bedding and great views. I'd recommend staying here. And the bar downstairs made the BEST MOJITOS!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CapeCotter726
HotelGM529, General Manager at Hotel Lucia, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
My sincere appreciation for not only your business but for your thoughtful feedback as well. Was happy to hear that you found the location of the Hotel Lucia to be so perfect and even happier to learn that our staff was so accomodating. Indeed, the folks at Imperial sure do know how to mix a well crafted drink. Consider coming back.The Mojito's get better as the weather gets warmer.

Regards,

Christopher Bebo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Hotel Lucia is a great find in the heart of Downtown. It was a great base to explore Portland. Staff were very welcoming, the room wasn't ready when we arrived but they recommended a food truck nearby, even showing us on a map. Although finding a park with a patch of sunlight to eat was pretty hard, it was a great tip, and helped us get the feel of Portland. We were travelling with a dog and though I loved the bed, bowl, treats and toy they provided, and I was bemused by the bottled water and dog spirituality guide, I would rather have a place nearby the hotel to take my dog to the bathroom for the $45 charge. We had a slight issue with construction work noise when we checked in but the staff promptly moved us to a nicer room. Although in both rooms the bathrooms were very small. If you want a quieter room opt for a courtyard room, but don't be startled by the cardboard cut out man the office opposite put up in the window! For parking I tried feeding the meter on the street - but by the second day I gave up and used the cheap parking across the street, it wasn't that much more expensive and was a lot easier. The in suite local ice cream was expensive but very indulgent and delicious, great for a late-night snack or dessert.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking a few minutes to provide us with a review. I appreciate the kind words regarding our helpful staff and great location. Traveling with pets can be challenging, especially when you aren't familiar with the city. Needless to say, grass is sometimes hard to come by. Was also happy to learn you enjoyed the Salt and Straw Ice Cream. Very delicious.

Please consider us again if you ever find yourself back in Portland. If would be our pleasure having you as our guests.

Chris Bebo
Colorado
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My last visit to Hotel Lucia, in October 2013, was a very rushed and quick visit around a business trip and mini-conference. This recent visit, I also came for business, but also spent the weekend with my wife. We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Lucia. The staff was fantastic, and we loved the room. The best was the location - great spot to explore the fun surrounding area. A two minute walk to all of the amazing food trucks for which Portland is famous. Powell's bookstore is a short walk away, as is many of Portland's finest breweries and brew pubs. The waterfront area is really close and perfect for a morning run. If you are staying here, there really is no need for a rental car - everything is within walking distance, and you can take the light rail, which is about three blocks away.
This was a great visit, and we will surely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PaulTheTravelGuy
Great news and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to know that you were able to combine a little work with a little play. The location is great for either, as you point out. I agree, our staff is fantastic.

Again, thanks for both the business and for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to having you back.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A near perfect experience. The friendliest staff EVER (Tyson, Amy especially). I have been to multiple Four Seasons and nothing even comes close to the service here. It was our first trip to Portland and we found the location perfect. We did not need the rental car we had obtained. The bathroom was slightly on the small side but other than that the entire experience was sparkling. And the value was superb.

Room Tip: Unless you are planning an excursion outside of the city you will not need a rental car.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buzzburn
What a great endorsement. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I was particularly pleased to hear about the gracious and professional manner in which you were cared for and I promise, I will share your kind words with the entire team. They deserve all of the credit.

Please let us know the next time you are in Portland. It would be our honor to have you as a return guest.

Chris Bebo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel was in a great location, I could walk to plenty of shops, restaurants, and transportation (such as the Max which takes you to and from the airport). The staff was very friendly upon arrival and accommodated an early check in for me by upgrading me to a king suite at no extra cost. The staff is also very helpful in giving directions or recommending places to visit and eat. The rooms are small but are very clean and decor is beautiful (this goes for the entire hotel). I especially liked the bedding, plenty of nice comfy blankets. Great cafe open for breakfast and lunch which I frequented often. I would definitely stay here again whether it was for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed in city view room facing Broadway and I had no trouble with noise. I also was right by the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Friendly staff? Great location? Complimentary upgrade upon early check -in? Yes, yes and yes. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the Hotel Lucia and that you found the directions and recommendations provided to you so helpful.

Please accept our thanks for not only the great review but for your business as well. We know you have choices and we are very happy to know that you will be back.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Boutique style hotel with posh nicely design. Warm dark colors and cozy rooms, though a bit small. The quality of materials are high. I do enjoy the bed and bedware. The toilet is tiny but clean and well designed.

I like small lobbies and his is the case with Lucia who has caters a small diner with great espresso and a typical Grand Cafe style restaurant that also makes good cocktails.

Location is ok with walking distance to the pearl district.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for noticing the recent renovation. The Hotel Lucia has updated its design and decor with guest comfort in mind. We appreciate that you noticed the quality of material used in updating the rooms, inparticular our new beds and linen.

Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Portland. It would be our pleasure having you again.

Regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I booked this hotel via the hoteltonight app & received a great deal!

Check-In
There was some difficulty finding my reservation but that wasn’t the hotel’s fault and Corbey at the front desk did everything that he could to locate the reservation. He was so professional, patient & graciously helped me. And for the inconvenience of having to wait so long, he upgraded my room.

Location
The hotel is in a great location & is conveniently located in downtown which allows you to walk to many of the local bars & restaurants.

Dining
Try the Imperial located next door. This restaurant has an AMAZING brunch & it’s relatively affordable.

Suite
The Premium King suite was very nice & clean. The room is not very large but quaint and comfortable. The bed linens were also very clean. The goose down comforter is sure to keep you warm throughout the night. The bathroom is small but given that I was only in town for the Trailblazers game, I can’t complain about that because it suited my needs. There were more than enough bath & hand towels and I didn’t have to call housekeeping to replenish. There is black & white photos on the walls of the suite which adds a nice touch to the overall décor of the room.

Amenities
I cannot comment on the quality of the hotel’s amenities as I did not take advantage of these features.

All-In-All I was very pleased with my stay at the Hotel Lucia and will definitely return to this location on my next visit to Portland.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at this hotel ask for a city view. I was on the 4th floor and since this was m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends