All reviewsmoda centerlloyd centerthe max light railmax stopbeds were comfortablethe pearldowntowntransitstreetcarconvenienceconferencerefrigeratordistrict
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I booked this hotel for a conference at the Oregon Convention Center. DON"T STAY HERE it’s an absolute dump. I checked in at 11PM. While taking the elevator to my room I was propositioned by a prostitute. When I left the elevator I noticed fresh vomit across the ice machine and on the hallway floor. Two males were standing in the hall near my room smoking marijuana. My room smelled like urine and the floor was covered in crumbs, obviously not vacuumed. The dresser had food on it and the wireless internet doesn’t work. After a long flight and a late check inn I spent the next several hours trying to find another hotel. In addition to this review I’m contacting Travel Portland, the convention and visitors’ bureau and the housing bureau. This place is the worst hotel I’ve EVER set foot inn.

4  Thank kev b
Reviewed 15 August 2012

From some of the reviews I read about this hotel I was expecting a mildly dangerous experience to my health and person. Well, it really wasnt bad at all. Its an older hotel and it could use
some refurbishing but it has a lot to recommend it. The staff is friendly and helpful, my room (on the side away from the tracks) was quiet and good sized. The bed was firm, the room air conditioning worked fine, maid service was fine and contrary to some of the reviews, I didnt see any questionable individuals lurking in the halls or lobby. I was walking for the most part and the neighborhood felt safe. There are several decent and inexpensive places to eat within easy walking distance. If you feel the need for some place fancier, you can go down the street a few blocks and spend twice as much for you room and meals. Its nice to have options.

Room Tip: the rooms on the side away from the MAX are more quiet.
Reviewed 13 August 2012

during conventions, this hotel overbooks and then simply transfers you to a hotel miles away once everyone checks in. the rudeness of the staff was almost laughable. they actually told a guy that he was 'lucky to have a room at all' when he complained that he had a reservation for a non-smoking room and they gave him a smoking room. we booked our room (2 double beds for 4 people) several months in advance. when we showed up, we were told to come back because the room was not yet clean (it was after check in time). when we came back a second time, we were told we had no room and that we were to be sent across town. when i politely responded that we would not be moving, they fussed and found us a room with a single bed. when i calmly told the obnoxious clerk that we had already paid for a double bed, i was told that if i didnt shut up, i would loose the room.

there are lots of nicer hotels that are cheap (like the red lion) right next door. skip this s--t hole and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: do not stay here!
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We booked the cheapest hotel we could find within 1~2 miles from downtown, so we weren't expecting much. The building was run down, and the room was shabby, but it did the job for the price we paid.

The room had basic amenities, and bed linens and towels were clean. We were on the 5th floor so the noise from the street didn't bother us. Wi-fi was free and worked ok. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and extended our checkout time by 2 hours without charge.

The hotel is located within the free ride zone on the MAX rail system. The train leaves from the station around the corner from the hotel, and takes less than 10 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We got this place for about 50$ a night on priceline. To be honest this place was fantastic considering we paid so little. Front desk was really nice, free parking, right on the free part of the Max. Lots of restaurants near by.
If you are paying so little you can't expect a 5 star hotel. Yea it wasn't the cleanest place I have stayed but the sheets, the towels and the shower were clean. You really can't complain!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple