Free cancellation until 03/08
  • Breakfast included
US$264
US$240
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

Hotel Lucia(Portland)
US$293
  • Pool
US$238
  • Restaurant
Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$211
Hotel deLuxe(Portland)
US$182
Official Website
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

US$214
HIExpress.com
All reviewsmoda centerlloyd centerthe max light railmax stopbeds were comfortableclose to downtownportland areathe pearltransitstreetcarconveniencerefrigeratorconferencedistrict
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were looking for a cheap room for 3 nights so that we could explore the city by day and it did the job. There was cable, air conditioning, and free (although a little slow) Wi-Fi. Free parking too. Rooms were cleaned each day while we were gone - no problems at all.

Location was great as well, only a couple of stops via the free tram to downtown and a short drive from the Alberta Arts District to the North. Could hear the trains a little once in a while as someone else mentioned, but it wasn't too bad - we were facing South though and the trains run along the East side of the building, so it may be worse over there.

Overall, if you're looking for a clean bed for the night then this place offers decent bang for your buck. Sure, it's a little ghetto, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, South facing seemed to be okay for us.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

First of all we were met by a rude worker who clearly hated his job. I was waiting for my friend to arrive and we could not check in, even though my friend rang ahead know she was late to make sure we could check in. So after a lot of hassle they agreed to let me put a $20 deposit on the room which i was told i would get back. On leaving they had "lost" my $20 and it would be debited to my account in a couple of days.

SO i check for the next few weeks, nothing. I had my card blocked by my bank as an anti fraud measure as i used it abroad, and my payment was taken at a later date to pay for the room. But even after that I have not got my money back.

They have ignored my emails, and pretty much someone who works there is a THIEF.

Unfortunate as most of the staff were lovely, except the guy we had who had a band aid on his face.

And reading the other reviews, they have stolen other peoples money too!!

STAY AWAY from here.

And for the manager, I am still waiting to here from you, you will find my emails in your ignored folder......

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jrat09
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I booked this hotel for a conference at the Oregon Convention Center. DON"T STAY HERE it’s an absolute dump. I checked in at 11PM. While taking the elevator to my room I was propositioned by a prostitute. When I left the elevator I noticed fresh vomit across the ice machine and on the hallway floor. Two males were standing in the hall near my room smoking marijuana. My room smelled like urine and the floor was covered in crumbs, obviously not vacuumed. The dresser had food on it and the wireless internet doesn’t work. After a long flight and a late check inn I spent the next several hours trying to find another hotel. In addition to this review I’m contacting Travel Portland, the convention and visitors’ bureau and the housing bureau. This place is the worst hotel I’ve EVER set foot inn.

4  Thank kev b
Reviewed 15 August 2012

From some of the reviews I read about this hotel I was expecting a mildly dangerous experience to my health and person. Well, it really wasnt bad at all. Its an older hotel and it could use
some refurbishing but it has a lot to recommend it. The staff is friendly and helpful, my room (on the side away from the tracks) was quiet and good sized. The bed was firm, the room air conditioning worked fine, maid service was fine and contrary to some of the reviews, I didnt see any questionable individuals lurking in the halls or lobby. I was walking for the most part and the neighborhood felt safe. There are several decent and inexpensive places to eat within easy walking distance. If you feel the need for some place fancier, you can go down the street a few blocks and spend twice as much for you room and meals. Its nice to have options.

Room Tip: the rooms on the side away from the MAX are more quiet.
Reviewed 13 August 2012

during conventions, this hotel overbooks and then simply transfers you to a hotel miles away once everyone checks in. the rudeness of the staff was almost laughable. they actually told a guy that he was 'lucky to have a room at all' when he complained that he had a reservation for a non-smoking room and they gave him a smoking room. we booked our room (2 double beds for 4 people) several months in advance. when we showed up, we were told to come back because the room was not yet clean (it was after check in time). when we came back a second time, we were told we had no room and that we were to be sent across town. when i politely responded that we would not be moving, they fussed and found us a room with a single bed. when i calmly told the obnoxious clerk that we had already paid for a double bed, i was told that if i didnt shut up, i would loose the room.

there are lots of nicer hotels that are cheap (like the red lion) right next door. skip this s--t hole and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: do not stay here!