“This has to be one of the worst hotels in Portland.”

Inn at the Convention Center
Ranked #75 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I blame myself for not doing my homework on this one.
It took 10 min to get hot water for a shower, the room smelled and the walls were filthy.
This part of town is loaded with crack heads.
Spend the extra money and stay at the Red Lion or one of the other places close by.
This place needs to be demolished or at least upgraded to a crack house.

Stay away from this DUMP!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Fishguy558
There are newer reviews for Inn at the Convention Center

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Very diverging assessments on TripAdvisor for this hotell. But we were surprised. Cheap, large and clean room and bath room. Good wi-fi and free parking space in the back yard. The trams passed just outside but the noise did not bother much. Very good communciations to down town but also possible to walk there, also by night. Lightly worn down and the elevators and hallways smelled Wunderbaum.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MatsELule_
Reviewed 21 December 2012

You need to fire your head house keeper,
I paid to much money for this filthy,germ ridden motel, we were in another room when we first got there and we had to move to a room that didn't have big gaps on the glass where the heater is cold and very wet floor and carpet needless to say it didn't warm in there, so we got to move to the room next door that sheets were filthy with blood stains and and hair the pillow cases to. Blankets had burn holes,the floor and celings were moldyin the bathroom,with hair everywhere, then we got behind in our task for the day, today and guess why, NO HOT WATER, then they charged my card an extra $20.00, for what I have no idea, except we had a dog, but I was told $10 for that, what else did they charge me for, THE FILTH???
We won't be going there anymore.
The customer service was great, but you have some lazy people cleaning the place. I should be A LOT CLEANER, Sorry folks I calls as I see's um. I should and just might call hometown com for a REFUND

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank SquiggyP
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My colleague and I stayed for two nights at this hotel. There was no kleenex in the bathroom, on day two we didn't have washclothes or hand towels, and when we came back from dinner, there was a woman with track marks up and down her legs and arms who appeared to be a hooker. The hotel was run down and dirty. But, the most troubling was they couldn't or wouldn't generate a receipt for us. Without a receipt we weren't able to get a reimbursement and the staff didn't seem to think this was a problem.

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I thought they forgot to leave a conditioner in the bath, but when I asked, they said, "We don't do conditioner, you can go across the street to the Red Lion and buy some". There was a bloody paper towel in the ice machine, a hooker in the basement parking garage, the maid refused to move from in front of the elevator to let us get on, when she did, she left the vacuum there so we had to step over it. I was amazed that as we were checking in someone came through the lobby stating that it was a great motel. At check out they refused to give us a copy of the bill since we booked it online, would not give us anything to say we stayed there. Even after a follow-up call they would not even tell us how much the rooms cost each. Told me to divide the total of the three rooms by two to figure it out.

Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

The front desk clerk was very nice and it was close to light rapid transit. BUT: The hotel is a beat up smelly dump and filled with junkies and in a troublesome area. A bloody brawl broke out in the parking lot just after we checked in. The ancient room smelled awful, stains every where. We did not stay the night.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank EthelMercaptan
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty and did I say Dirty...From the elevator to the halls to the rooms it was dirty..
Stains on the carpets, dirty sheets and dirty windows..Smelled really bad, not sure what it was but it started in the elevator and continued to the room. Panhandlers in the hallways. The location was great it was across the street from the Convention Center where over four thousand women met for "Time Out for Women"... I booked seven rooms for our group. that was a joke when some of the group got there, they said there were no rooms for them! I gave them the names of who would be in each room and about what time the would be arriving... They didn't even check my list!!!! Total incompetence from the Desk staff to the Housekeeping staff. Some in our group were charged $79.00 a night while others were charge $69.00 a night.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone... Disgusted in Prineville

Room Tip: Don't stay here....
2  Thank Jeanie T