“Friendly and clean, convenient location.”

Inn at the Convention Center
Ranked #78 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here 4 nights while visiting my daughter. Its a fairly old hotel, and looks it, but the room was clean. I had a few maintenance issues, light bulbs being out and remote not working correctly, but the front desk was very nice and handled everything immediately while I was out. I did stay on the quiet side facing south. No restaurant, no fridge, but a coffee maker in the room. Convenient location. Starbucks and Delightful Donuts down the street. Denny's 2 blocks away. I was hoping for a slightly cheaper hotel, but the price was average for the area. There is free parking. They do accept pets.

Room Tip: Ask for the south side, away from the the train.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chr1sMar1e

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked this hotel before reading the reviews so was a bit scared to see what I would find when I arrived! No its not all modern and luxurious but for what I paid, I knew that. It was clean and comfortable, the front desk staff were happy and very helpful as were the women cleaning on my floor. With the MAX stop right across the street, you really couldn't ask for a better location. So if you are looking for luxury, no this is not for you but if you are looking for clean and comfortable in a good location, then its fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank talulla45
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Four of us stayed here for a conference in late June. The staff were great, the beds were very comfortable. We stayed on the side that does not face the Max, having read about the noise. Saying that, we ran the AC all night, and slept great. Yes, the rugs were a bit old, and the ceilings have had work done. We felt safe, had enough room, and had no trouble getting extra towels and pillows from the front desk. Yes, it isn't the Hilton but for what it cost, we were very pleased.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the Train
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauraine W
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here at a hotwire price and the room was what we needed, a place to sleep. The proximity to the train to downtown was a blessing and a curse. The stop was only a block away, but we could hear the train running from our room. Good thing I'm a heavy sleeper.

Housekeeping was mixed. When we were in the lobby waiting to ask a question, the Manager at the time was speaking rather rude and condescending to the housekeeper he was talking to. if you have give your staff negative comments it shouldn't be done in front of guests. When I brought this up to the higher manager later, he was surprised that this "irked" me.

After I made my booking I had to add an extra day as I was staying in Portland while my friend and her daughter were going to Roseburg to pick up Grandma. As it was an additional day at the regular price I guess there was some confusion. According to the desk clerk he told the housekeeping staff to just clean the room and leave my belongings alone but when I got back to the room that night all my stuff had been removed. I was able to get it back save for the three muffins and what was left of a Voodoo doughnut, but still quite an annoyance.

Unsure if I will stay here again. Depends on the price I can get I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Found the rooms to be unclean with ominous stains on rug and upholstery. Cigarette burns in blankets, rug and bedspread. Dreary hallways and a vaguely unsafe feel about the place. It is fairly inexpensive and close to public transit. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kristip34
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I chose this hotel since it was the cheapest hotel around the convention center. "Free and high speed Internet" that was advertised on their website was another motive. However, Internet turned out to be extremely slow--I could barely check my Facebook! People at the front desk were also rude and unfriendly! When I brought up the issue of slow Internet, they seemed very indifferent, and did not even apologize! I would never stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NimaTaj
Reviewed 6 June 2013

this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Stupidly, I was trying to save money and booked with a last minute booking service. DONT EVER DO THAT!. This place is filthy. It smells. The free parking is non existent. The free internet does not work. It is disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business