“Affordable and Comfortable - Loved it!”

Comfort Inn Portland
Ranked #63 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Because it's not in downtown Portland, this hotel is more affordable than most. Still, one can easily hop on the nearby light rail and be in downtown within 20 minutes. As a single female without a vehicle, it was a great place for me to stay as I explored Portland.

Clean, comfortable rooms, very helpful girl at the front desk, and I also liked the breakfast. Yummy biscuits and gravy! I would totally stay here again!

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank sweetiestace16
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Portland

Reviewed 3 June 2008

Stayed at the Comfort Inn during the first leg of a 10-day trip through the Northwest. I selected the Comfort Inn based on price, proximity to the MAX light-rail station, and the generally positive reviews that other TripAdvisor folks gave. Overall, I was pleased with my stay; the staff was kind enough to let me leave some of my belongings in their office (I arrived two hours prior to check-in). The rooms were big (unexpected surprise), clean, and very comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good by hotel standards. The location is a mixed bag; it's not in downtown and the surrounding area is not very pleasant, but it is well-lit, safe, and a two minute walk to the MAX station, where in 10 minutes you can be in either downtown or at the airport. Additionally, if you are exploring the Columbia River Gorge (highly recommended), the hotel provides easy access to Interstate 84 which runs to Hood River and The Dalles.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank beaufort-tiger
Reviewed 2 April 2008

1) Was a little afraid of the noise from freeway but didn't seem to be a factor. If you must have more quiet ask for a room on the side street. I would avoid rooms facing 82nd.

2) MAX rail line three minutes away. About 25 minutes to Rose Garden and Convenstion center---at both train stops at front door. And going into town can take streetcar (free)
Was comfortable disembarking at this station at night but it is a popular transfer spot so many people around.

3) Felt new, is clean.

4) Ordinary restaurant across street .

5) If coming by car may be a little awkard to get to.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank EugeneDuck
Reviewed 22 February 2008

I was pretty impressed by this hotel considering the cost. It was was clean and our room was very nice. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic- it was easy to get around the city and we were close- within 15 minutes- of many city activities. I'd recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emma2772
Reviewed 9 December 2007

In reading reviews of this hotel and reading others comments we decided to book our stay. We wanted a moderately priced hotel with a range of options open to us. During our stay we visited water falls in the Gorge, visited local parks, and used the public transit system (train) located within a 1/4 bock. This allowed easy carefree travel into downtown to botanical gardens, shopping and Saturday Market.
I would have to say that knowing we were going to be coming back to a comfortable hotel each night made all the difference. The hot tub allowed us to soak our tired bodies after a long day. Then end it with free cookies. My husband and I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank UtahSharebear
Reviewed 16 October 2007

Very nice accommodations. Nice sized room (King bed) with seperate sitting area with sofa sleeper and window seat. Good sized fridge and microwave. Nice to have sink seperate from bathroom. Bathroom was surprisingly clean with no sign of mold/mildew. Bedding and bed were comfortable. We stayed on the 82nd street side and it was much more quiet than I thought it would be. Breakfast in the morning was a little more than the basic fair but nothing to rave about. Most front desk were wonderful and went above and beyond in providing customer service (printing off directions when we asked how to get somewhere). Only had one problem in that there was no ATM on site. Make use of the nearby light rail and you may not need to rent a car.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank curvacious
Reviewed 5 October 2007

We decide to spend the extended holiday weekend in Portland and we chose her based on a friend’s recommendation. Once we arrived they had a clean room, with a nice bed for a reasonable price. The front desk staff was very helpful in explaining the public transit system to us, which is actually right next door. The beds were nice and they even served a warm breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends