“Very Clean and Quiet”

Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Portland, Oregon
“Very Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I have just finished my second week at this motel. So far I can tell you that the hotel is very well managed. Clean, quiet, well maintained comfortable bed and bedding. The hotel has newer microwave, small fridge, flat screen tv with cable, wifi. I can tell that the owners take great pride in their Motel. I looked and compared other hotels in the area for the same and even more money and the were dives. I stayed in a Marriot before staying here and this room is more comfortable and less than half the price. It is a older Motel but everything has been remodeled inside and out. It is only a few minutes to the airport. There is shoping close by and plenty of places to eat. The owner makes good coffee in the mornings and keeps a close eye on the grounds. I understand for a few more dollars they offer kitchen units I am sure they are also nice. If you are watching your budget and need a clean quiet, and safe place to stay for under fifty bucks a night I would highly recomend the Nordic. I will be working in Portland for a few more weeks and will write another review after checking out.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Elliston
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Not only this is motel reasonable, it is well kept up. Pretty landscaping and attractively painted units are the first things you see. Inside our unit we found things nicely decorated and very clean. The full-sized refrigerator, stove, kitchen sink with cabinets, and microwave made it easy to prepare or heat up some meals. The bathroom was spacious with tiled floor, large tub and sink, and a great shower. Coffee is provided in the morning and tasted great. Our unit was in the back, away from Sandy Blvd. and we experienced no disturbing noise. The location is within easy driving distance to a Wal-Mart, convenience store, Chinese and Mexican restaurants near-by, and a good place to get breakfast. It's about a 10-minute drive to the airport and about 5 minutes to Rte. 84, which will take you to downtown Portland and other nearby sights. We met both of the owners who are lovely people, friendly and helpful. They care about making your time in their motel good. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol R
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed here as just a cheap place to sleep since we were going to Portland to meet some friends and then leaving early for a car show an hour away. First of all the neighborhood is not the best we were a little worried about even leaving the car out in the parking lot but since we made reservations we stayed. The room had a weird strong smell like old mens cologne but overall seemed pretty clean. We decided to take the transit to meet the red line to downtown Portland. We waited across the street for the transit for half an hour and we were a little worried about standing alone n that neighborhood, the transit was scary and the red line even worse. We got off as soon as we were across the bridge and walked to where we were going. Getting back to the motel later that night the train is right across a busy street and very loud. In the morning we were getting ready to leave and the room has no coffee maker, my husband went to the front desk to get coffee and the man behind the counter said he doesnt make it untill 7am (it was 6:30) he said try going to the 7-11 down the street, my husband drove down the street the 7-11 was boarded up and spaypainted. He came back and got me so we could leave, we went to the front desk to get the $20 deposit back but the man said he had to go to the room and count the towels first? Really?! I would most definitely spend the extra money to stay at a safe and more courteous hotel the next time we are in Portland. I would not reccomend especially if traveling with children.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I'm not going to go off the deep end and say this is luxury, but for the low-end hotel at the double-digit price, this place is worth it, even despite the location. While I could still potentially see the setting as a Texas Chainsaw Massacre filmsite, the inside was clean and nice. It had ambient traffic noise at night, but aside from that, it was great. I didn't hear any noise coming through from any "friendly" neighborly folk next door or anything. Do stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Jared R
Colorado
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I love everything about this place. The price is right, the rooms are super clean and comfy, and the owners treat me like I am a beloved family member. I found a great authentic German bakery down the street a bit and a fabulous cup of coffee just across the street, both perfect after a solid night's sleep. The neighborhood isn't the best but even as a single woman arriving after midnight, I had no worries. Stay here and you will not be sorry!

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank navkaren
kc
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Extremely clean! Microwave, good tv, nice vanity area. Cold ac. No complaints here. Not the best neighborhood but we felt perfectly safe. Highly recommend.

Good access to airport also.

Okay now I have to ramble because tripadvisor says that this review has to be at least 200 characters and I dont have anything else to say really so now I feel like giving tripadvisor a terrible review even though it is one of my favorite websites. Sorry Nordic.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank On-the-road79
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The room was spacious, very comfortable and super clean. I had a great night's sleep for my full three nights sleep. The staff are delightful and friendly. It was easy to get to everything easily from the Nordic Motel. This is a great, simple, comfortable motel, nothing fancy, just simple and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo