“Surprisingly Pleasant”

Nordic Inn and Suites
Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

At first glance, this motel seems a little sketchy. However, I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. The room was very nice and very clean. It looked newly remodeled, and had everything needed for a great stay (mini fridge, microwave, AC unit). Previous reviews I read about this motel talked a lot about the neighborhood and the noise coming from the tire shop and train. I won't argue that the surrounding neighborhood isn't the greatest, but it's really not that bad. I did hear noise from the shop and the train, but it was hardly an issue, in my opinion. For the price and location of this motel you really can't beat it. This motel is a great example of not judging a book by it's cover.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 89kenny

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful stay at the Nordic. As this was my first time staying at a motel, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. There were a couple of bad reviews on here which I was worried about; bed bugs, noise and neighbourhood. We hadn't had bed bugs and there wasn't any constant intolerable noise. I don't know the neighbourhood so no comments on that but I felt safe at the motel. I'm glad I did not listen to those bad comments.
I did not care about having the fridge and the microwave at first but they did come in handy for breakfast. Our room was big, tidy, spick and span. The bed was comfy. There was a good heating/cooling system. Clean shower and big bathroom. Every comfort and even more than you can get at a good hotel. Great service from friendly and helpful staff.
You just can't beat the price, the location and the service. Will definitely recommend it to others and if we swing by Portland again, I will definitely stay here.

4  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights on our first visit to Portland. I had discovered this motel on the internet and was impressed with the numbers of positive reviews it had received. We weren't disappointed. We liked the location, the staff, the service, the accommodations (queen size bed, microwave, DVD player, fridge, cable, etc). The staff were especially helpful in giving us advice about how to get around on the mass transit system and made our stay and exploration of Portland an easy, stress-free, and extremely enjoyable and memorable experience. We would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to our friends.

4  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent a week at the Nordic and it was a wonderful experience. It was very clean, we always had plenty of towels. There was a full size stove and refridgerator which helped cut down on our food expenses. There is a train nearby, but I really did not hear it at all. Someone else left a comment about the neighborhood not being the greatest, but I felt quite comfortable walking through the neighborhood on my own. I was there with my daughter and we had a room that had two seperate bedrooms which gave us each our privacy which was an added bonus. Very happy. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Full size fridge, and stove, but no dishes, pans, or silverware. So, if you're planning on staying her because of these item's... bring the essentials. Train's a few times throughout the night, and they run behind the hotel.

2  Thank MelloInMN
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I came across this wonderful motel while on travel, The owners Jay, and Lena greeted me when I arrived with a genuine humble, and appreciative greeting. I stayed there for three weeks. The rooms are personal, clean, and quite cozy. There is daily cleaning of the rooms, and the staff is also very personal. I have stayed at some of the worlds most mentioned hotels like The Heathman ,The Governor, The Benson, as well as The Waldorf. I would highly recommend the managers of these establishments visit The Nordic, and clone there way of serving the public in the hospitality genre. I will never stay anywhere else when in need of a hotel other than The Nordic. I can't say enough about my experience here. In fact there isn't a word in the dictionary to perfectly describe this establishment!! But don't take my word for it, go and experience it for yourself. $337.00 for seven days, a fraction of the cost of the other hotels with much larger rewards. So if you are looking for a GREAT MOTEL. Look no further, there is only one. THE NORDIC!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room number 25 is on the corner and is close to anything you may need or want. I love this place.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Dvidw
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I cannot understand the "good" reviews this motel has received. I reserved a room here for two nights, but started questioning it when I saw the neighborhood. I drove by used tire shops, motorcycle repair shops, smoke shops, and light industry, and began to wonder. When I finally found the Nordic, in between two disreputable-looking no-tell motels, I knew I would not be spending ANY time here at all.Not only was the neighborhood industrial and run down, there was what appeared to be a prostitute doing business in the parking lot...at 5 p.m! I got out of there as quickly as I could. This is no place for a woman traveling alone, or for anyone who values their safety! If I could have rated this worse than terrible, I would have. Awful neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo