“Kind Owners and a Great Price!”

Nordic Inn and Suites
Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at the Nordic Motel for several weeks while my home was having some renovations. I had a wonderful experience and I encourage anyone looking for a longer term stay at a motel to stay here.

Pros:

-Kind owners who go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

-Great price! $450 weekly rate and about $60 nightly.

-Room is small but clean and everything looks very new.

-Amazing, huge flat screen TV with full cable, HBO and Showtime.

-Decent internet connection and, best of all, it's free!

-Very responsible front desk people who will take care of noisy guests.

-Rooms are kept practically spotless.

-Bed was very comfortable and seemed brand new.

Cons:

-Daily maid service that is mandatory can be a little annoying.

-Location is a little out there but not awful.

-Front desk lady who was not related to the owners gave me a little bit of attitude but the owners more than make up for that with their kindness.

-The cheapness attracts the occasional scummy guest but the owners are quick to act if they are noisy or threatening.

Overall, I had an amazing experience and the Nordic felt very much like home. If you need somewhere to stay long term or don't care about staying anywhere fancy then this is the place for you! I also stayed at Motel 6 and this was a much better experience, can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: They have rooms with full kitchens, so be sure to ask if you need that feature.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Erin F

Reviewed 3 May 2014

5 star, 4 star, 3 star !!!!! Tough to rate. 5 Star would be a Hilton. A Hilton this ain't BUT if you want value an hospitality, this hotel rates 5 stars. So I rated on value and hospitality. Take the time to look inside one of the rooms. Every thing is new and bright and clean. It's family run and independent. Coffee in the office and great conversation with Jay. I was comfortable with the mix of the other residents. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2 br for an extra $20 / night. I'm old and crotchity so I need my personal spac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank TLIPPY
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

About a 15 minute drive to downtown, close to the airport. Great value, really clean rooms one of the cleanest motel we have ever stayed at, powerfull shower! Helpful staff, next time We are in Portland we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Aleks P
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The owner is very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very clean with a flatscreen TV, fridge and HD channels including HBO. The location is very close to the airport and the interstate. The only downside is the walls are a little thin and there are train tracks nearby so it can be a little loud.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yanni G
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The room was clean, rudimentary and tiny. The staff was exceptionally nice and completely helpful. The walls were thin so that outside noises could be heard (including trains, planes and cars) but the neighbors were all quite quiet.

However, the neighborhood is dicey at best and some of the patrons at the hotel (some of who looked long-term) made me a little uncomfortable. It definitely felt "low-rent" and I was edgy while staying there. I think it would be fine for couples and families and big broad guys traveling alone. But for me, a small woman who happened to be traveling solo -- I don't think I'll stay there again.

But the price was right!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cathyhub
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We (2 adults, a 6yo and a 9yo) spent 5 nights here visiting friends in Portland and Hillsboro, and we were very satisfied. Finding a place with separate bedrooms -- divided by a door no less -- for under $100 a night is a real find. Include the full functioning kitchen and free parking and we were sold.

We caught on through other reviews that the kitchen doesn't include pots, pans, dishes, etc. we arranged with a friend to borrow the basics, and it was fantastic having a full size fridge, oven, stove, and microwave. We saved a fortune on eating out.

Also, the beds and pillows were very comfortable and definitely a cut above what you think of when you imagine motel beds.

We never heard a peep from neighbors, and everything was very clean. Our room was nonsmoking and smelled fresh. There was a security camera directly outside the room and there always seemed to be someone in the office and we felt very safe.

A little coffee stand is directly across the street and once I went for espresso, but usually got the free coffee in the office.

There is a really well reviewed breakfast place, The German Bakery, just down the street but they were closed Sunday and Monday. We definitely intend to go there next time.

The owners were very nice and extremely accommodating. They are always there to help when you need them.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 9, which was nonsmoking and further back from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tailyp0
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The proprietors are very friendly. The rooms are newly renovated and clean. Plenty of parking. Close to the expressway. I even had a good jog in the nice neighborhood down the street. Yes, I definitely recommend this place. It is a great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo