“Clean, comfortable and close to airport.”

Nordic Inn and Suites
Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 29 August 2014

You cannot ask for more from a small family run motel.

It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were quiet and it was convenient to the airport.

The room is small which is ok since so is the price. The TV is large with many more channels than you usually get in name hotels. A microwave and refrigerator is very nice if you are dining in room. Everything was very clean.

And of course free Wi-Fi is always appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nomad_LA

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very strong dog pee smell in the room. The hotel lady said "they don't allow dogs" and there is nothing they can do. Also there is "cleaning deposit" which we have never heard of in other hotels/motels - we don't know when we will get it back.

Room Tip: Do not pick room 18
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NW G
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We made reservations online and we were pretty tired after a long drive and traffic through Portland, so we were very pleasantly surprised by the room. It was very quiet, nice memory foam pillows, good TV, DVD and CD players. The room looked like it was recently redone. We met the owner in the morning and he was very cordial. Good coffee in the morning and a coffee kiosk across the street for espresso drinks.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kurt G
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Great motel near downtown for a great price. Our room had a full kitchen and was spotless. From the minute that we pulled up we could tell that the owners took tremendous pride in their property. No detail was overlooked. Very updated, especially in the kitchen area. Would recommend to those traveling to Portland!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Roadtirp
Reviewed 17 August 2014

On a recent quick trip to Portland, I wanted a reasonably priced motel near Gresham and the I-205 route south. You will not find a cleaner motel, parking area, office, along with comfortable rooms/beds anywhere else for the price. The staff is very courteous and accommodating. The Nordic is an excellent and unique alternative to the pricier hotels, motel chains, and even fancy resorts. Stay once. You'll be back!

Room Tip: Two bedroom rooms are nice and roomy, with second bed located in its own adjacent room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here based on the reviews. And I have to say that my stay matches the experience of others.

Reception is welcoming.

My room was large and comfortable. Something about it that gave me the impression that someone had gone to a lot of effort to make the place nice. Very comfy pillows, clean and new furnishings.

I'm a little surprised by the size of the fridge that was in my room - a full family sized model. In fact the overall kitchen was large. Perfect if your staying for a week. Only thing it wasn't stocked with cutlery, pots or plates.

Very comfortable stay with internet and tv. Go to Elmers down the road for breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Durazzo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I took a road trip up from CA and was very tired and a little stressed out by the time I made it to Portland. I arrived before check in time and the owners were so nice and got my room ready very quickly so I could go in. Upon entering my room I was pleasantly surprised by how clean it was and how nice it smelled. I kept finding more and more wonderful things about the room (awesome tempur-pedic style pillows, cozy blankets, nice soaps, etc.) I felt so relaxed during my stay here and I slept like a baby both nights.

Tip: if your staying in the summer, the AC and fan work very well but it was a little loud for a light sleeper like me- so I used my own small fan at night instead.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo