“Close Call with a Hypodermic Needle!”
Review of Deluxe Inn

Deluxe Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portland
Deluxe Inn
Ranked #137 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I am not a fussy person when it comes to where I stay. Run down places are fine with me as long as there is a lock on the door but this place was beyond tolerable. My friend and I just needed a place to crash for a few hours before driving home to Seattle. The roomw as filthy but it was cheap so I guess thats to be expected. The art on the wall had been burned but left up which I found amusing. However, when I went to climb into bed I rolled onto a hypodermic needle that was on top of the sheet near the pillow. I freaked out but luckily it was capped and I didn't get pricked. Not changing the sheets is disgusting but leaving needles is totally not acceptable. We demanded a refund and instead she moved us to the best room apparently, the one she uses for special guests or family. This rooms bed had so much pubic hair in the blankets I wanted to be sick. We got a refund and drove back to Seattle instead.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
12  Thank lurkcatty
PDX_Hotel_Service, Guest Relations Manager at Deluxe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Dear Lurkcatty:

We wish to thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your experience at the Deluxe Inn. We were shocked and upset to read about the totally unacceptable condition of the rooms you saw. A hypodermic needle, capped or otherwise, is nothing a guest should ever find in a room. We are deeply sorry that you were required to make the drive back to Seattle without adequate rest.

We wanted to inform you that the hotel is now under new ownership. Having only recently acquired the property we were unable to prevent the unpleasant and aggravating problems you encountered when you tried to stay. However we would welcome the opportunity to hear from you. We would appreciate the chance to be able to share our hospitality with you again, if not at the Deluxe Inn, at one of our other properties of your preference. Please contact us at the e-mail address below at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to make right the unacceptable incident that occurred during your visit to Portland. We can be reached at: guestrelations@portlandvalueinns.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon. Have a wonderful day!