“Fail”

Ranked #79 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Boise, Idaho
“Fail”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I am usually very easy to please. In Portland for business and am dreading staying here for a second night. Dirty washcloth in sink upon arrival. Slow checkin process. Room SMELLS AWFUL. television will not work, wanted to wind down after a long day and am now frustrated, was given quick fix instructions on the phone...what?!?! Called back, could come up in 10 minutes to show me how to fix it. Hmmm. Will be asking for a new room in the morning, would change hotels if there weren't 4 of us staying here in 4 different rooms. . I do hundreds of bookings for my work business for our employee travel. I will never consider this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We only stayed here the last night we were in Oregon to be close to the airport for our early morning flight. The room was huge and modern especially compared to the tiny B&Bs I had chosen for most of our nights in Oregon. They have airport shuttle service which allowed us to turn our rental car back in the night before our flight which was a big plus. There is no restaurant except for breakfast but there are places to eat within walking distance or their shuttle service will take you to a shopping area with restaurants. Breakfast was out earlier than advertised which allowed us to still eat there before our early flight.

Gambier, Ohio
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'd stay here again for the convenience. Good breakfast and very close to the airport. We were put in the hearing impaired room. It was very spacious but no drawers. Big couch to put the luggage on and live out of. Strange closet placement of rack. Top rack way too high for a short person but lower rack just right. Bed comfortable but I always bring extra foam padding. Maids tie up the elevator in the early part of the day. It was faster using the stairs. I've paid more for less and less for more. Decor pleasant and modern. You won't be sorry staying there but you might find a comparable room cheaper somewhere else by the airport or on the other side of town.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I thought this hotel was great. Room was spacious, bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom clean, well stocked. 27-32" LCD TV with DirecTV, iPod deck radio, good wifi. Also a sink, fridge and microwave in the living area. The lobby was pleasant, clean and welcoming. Breakfast was adequate, parking was easy, good fitness center. For $100 even, it's somewhat more than I like to pay, but I got everything I expected for that price.

A couple annoyances that really aren't that big of a deal - I didn't like the bedside lamps - they gave off a harsh, unpleasant light. Room layout slightly strange, but I got used to if after a few minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Delivers "what it says on the tin" really. Fairly standard Marriott off-shoot. Basic amenities at a reasonable price. handy location. managers cocktail party on Tuesdays was appreciated. Clean. Breakfast was adequate and included in the price. lots of competition in the area and you could do worse than this.

Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Arrived on Sept. 12.
I was greeted and checked in properly.
My room was clean and comfortable.
They have added DIRECTV which is wonderful.
The internet speed was adequate, but the ISP security certificates were expired or missing.
I could not log into any secure banking or business sites.
I could only check Email and Skype and surf the web.
The next morning I had their breakfast. It was OK.
The Marriott Residence Inn at the airport offers a different hot breakfast entree every day.
There is no engineering help on weekends. My entire stay I had a backed up sink in the bathroom.
House keeping does an excellent job of cleaning the hallways and elevator.
No ice machines on floor 4. Floor 3 was broken again.
Location is good.
This property is more like a Holiday Inn. Not a Marriott.

Room Tip: Second floor is best.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank elliott99362
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have be going to the SpringHill Suites at the Portland Airport at least twice a year since they have opened which we "think" was around 10 years ago. The staff was always friendly and courteous.The last 2 times we have stayed there and especially over Labor Day weekend was not up to the quality we have experienced at any other Marriott. The staff at the front desk were rude (especially in the evening) and the most unfriendly staff we have ever encountered at any hotel. Do they have a new Manager that never trained these "kids" on customer service? Our room was not cleaned one day and we went down to the desk and the rude "boy" said "oh well, it's too late to have somebody come and clean now" and then blamed the fact that the room wasn't cleaned cause we had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, we left the hotel before 11:00 AM - one would think that this is enough time to clean the room. The carpeting in the newly decorated suite was stained and disgusting. The breakfast area was dirty and had to ask numerous times to refill the coffee, eggs and waffles. There were never enough towels at the pool area. Were were the newspapers that were always available at the front desk? We could go on and on and on but unless someone at Marriott reads this review and really cares, I am afraid nothing will be done. We have reservations in a few months for 4 rooms and have decided to look at another hotel for our family. How embarrassing would it be to have our family stay at a 1 Star hotel?

Room Tip: Try and get a room that is clean - Good Luck!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family