“Quick stay”

Ranked #80 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Seattle, WA
“Quick stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I bid on Priceline and got a very good price on this room. Checked in and got a room on the 3rd floor. Counter service was friendly and professional. Was able to use one of their carts for my bags and suit. Room was clean and spacious. I really liked the suite aspect, with couch and desk in the first area, and small half wall separating the bed area. Bathroom was a sink outside then a door to the toilet and bathtub - pretty standard fare. Room was clean and everything looked relatively new. Slept well, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were nice. Despite being on the approach path to PDX the airplane traffic noise was minimal and by 11pm the number of airplanes flying over was very small. Slept well through the night but woke up at 6am from hallway noise, which was fine as I planned to get on the road early anyway. Did not use the shower but it looked very clean. Everything looks newly remodeled in this hotel. Grabbed a couple of bananas on the way out for breakfast, did not try the other offerings. Strangely there were no people eating breakfast when I left the hotel at 7am.

The thing that bothered me the most about the room, was the lighting. Though they have new lighting, the light bulbs were cold white balance bulbs, the kind you would expect to find in a hospital room. Very unappealing and very ugly. Quite shocking to find in a hotel room to be honest. So I wasn't able to use the light next to the couch, and the light over the bed was equally horrible. That must be changed immediately. Also the radio next to the bed had such a bright display, with the lights out at night and the blinds drawn for darkness, the entire room was lit up by this little radio display. I unplugged it and that solved that issue. There was some noise coming from inside the bathroom, but fortunately I was able to close the door.

When I came back in the evening after dinner, I went to buy a beer from the lobby shop. The price list that was posted that afternoon, showing the prices for each item, was missing. When I asked the man at the counter about it, he tried to side step my question. He wanted me to just pick what I wanted and bring it to him to ring up, but I wanted to look at the price list. He coldly told me that Marriott had instructed them to take the price list down as it needed updating. Typically the updated price list would be posted immediately, but not in this case. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything with no price list posted.

All in all I would return to this hotel without question, but some things need improvement.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Springhill suites are my favorite hotel chain. This is my second stay at a Springhill and I can't wait to visit another one! The atmosphere is clean, friendly, and has consistent quality in the rooms as well as the best continental breakfast! My only complaint for this location is the lack of towels in the room. We had 2 towels for 4 people. Had to request additional towels. And the hot tub unfortunately was not working for the 3 days we were there. I feel like they did not care to get it fixed. They offered us to use the next door hotels got tub which was nice. Hopefully they have the hot tub fixed by now! Overall I was very pleased with my stay and will stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
PDXSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your positive feed back about our hotel. As for the hot tub, we are very sorry it was down for your entire stay. We had ordered a part and when it came in it was the wrong one and they had to reorder it. The part was installed today and I am glad to report it is up and working.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've stayed here a few times now. None of the hotels out by PDX are GREAT, but the Springhill is more than adequate. I've never had any problems with noise here like other reviewers have mentioned. Rooms are clean, but a bit run down. Designed in the standard Springhill design - no surprises there. The desk is more than an adequate size to work. This clearly is a bit of an "older" Springhill but it still is a good place for a good night's sleep and to get some work done. I had no issues with the internet - in fact, I just finished watching a 60 minute online video with no buffering issues at all.

All of the hotels in the area will offer you the sounds of the planes flying overhead and an occasional train going by. That is not unique to this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the Springhill for one night with our two teens. No doubles were available but the king room had an adequate pull out sofa. Large, clean room with separate seating area. Well appointed with mini kitchenette that has a small microwave, fridge and sink. Excellent free breakfast with very good variety, Free in room wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I received a friendly and warm welcome. The entire staff this time were properly trained.
The remodeling in the rooms was a big mistake.
A big computer desk was replaced by a mini table.
The dresser with pull out drawers to put your clothes in no longer exists.
Instead a mini shelf.
The carpet had stains.
The internet was so slow that Skype dropped my calls to my Daughter.
The complimentary breakfast was terrible.
I moved to the Marriott Residence Inn at Portland Airport. What a difference.

Room Tip: Second floor are the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank elliott99362
PDXSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I totally agree with you about the lack of drawers and the size of the desk. Now with that said we have no control over those items. SpringHill Suites tells us what to put into the room. As for the carpet the light color shows all stains and spills.
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our flight into Portland arrived late so we opted to spend our first night near the airport instead of trying to find our way into town after dark. I called SpringHill the day before to ensure they provide limo service for late flights--the cutoff is 12:30 am. I was instructed to go out the doors for ground transportation, go to Island 2 and locate someone in a red shirt who would call the hotel on my behalf. And that's exactly how it went down! No fuss, no muss. The only problem was the long wait for the van to arrive; however, that was not the fault of the hotel's--there's a lot of construction leading into the airport and backing up the entrance. After that, the trip to the facility was quick, the check-in was easy and the staff pleasant. We were pleased with the roominess and comfort of our suite; the decor/color palate is cool and peaceful. Nice memory foam mattress, also. Too bad it wasn't more convenient to our final destination because we would have enjoyed staying there the entire week. That said, my husband declared that we will definitely stay in a SpringHill Suites again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very modern and updated. Rooms were spacious but the bathroom was an awkward shape with nowhere but the floor to put anything. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast prep area was large but it was hard to get a seat to sit down to eat. The food was not that tasty, i would go out for breakfast. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Don't bother to rush down for the breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family