“Wonderfully Relaxing Atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Float Shoppe

The Float Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 40 Spas & Wellness in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer individuals floats in any of our 4 float tanks. We also have massage and acupuncture which can be combined wonderfully with floating. Given space to think, we can see our dreams more clearly. Given time to rest, we can be propelled by the kind of inspiration the comes from simply being still. Welcome to The Float Shoppe: a place to pause the rushing world and clear your mind as you float weightlessly in restorative saltwater and enjoy the deep rest of true peace and quiet. Start out with a cup of tea comfortable lounge where our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through all you need to know in order to have a wonderful float experience. After being shown to your own private room, it is up to you to develop your time as needed - in play, in reflection, in creation, or in deep rest. Relax into a thousand pounds of detoxifying epsom salts and allow warm water to cradle you for ninety minutes of relief from the outside world. Limiting external sound and light leaves you with the calming sounds of your own breath, your rich heartbeat, and even your eyelashes brushing together.
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderfully Relaxing Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Float Shoppe is an excellent stop for anyone who visits Portland. It is a great place to enjoy the unique, relaxing experience of floating. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. As soon as you enter the shop, you are warmly greeted by the staff and have the chance to soak your feet in a foot bath and sip tea, while your float tank is prepared for you. You are then lead to your float tank and the true relaxation begins. It is a very unique experience that is difficult to describe and I assume is different for each individual. For me, the benefits of the epsom salts on my tense muscles was incredible. I felt so loose and limber after my float. I highly recommend this experience and am looking forward to my next float at the Float Shoppe! Go, go, go!

Visited November 2013

Bend, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Allow yourself to enter the Zen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed this very unique, one of a kind experience. Great surroundings, clean, tasteful and serene. Will be making an appointment soon to treat myself to another float really soon!

Visited April 2013
portland oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Oasis in the heart of busy Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have been to the Float Shoppe twice now, and will come more regularly. They have added some great services, like an amazing foot soak per-float, and massage services.

The facilities are simple, clean and well equipped. The energy is peaceful and warm.

If you have never floated before, it is a unique, meditative experience that is transformative and healing. Each experience is different.

Visited September 2013
San Diego, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place is INCREDIBLE! We were in town for a foodie/wine tasting weekend and my boyfriend was intent on figuring out a way to make a type A personality relax. He booked us for a 90 minute float and 90 minute massage afterward. I thought it was going to be a bit too new agey for me but I actually got alot out of it.

When you first arrive, you sit in these comfy chairs and put your feet in a fountain of water with other people. The receiptionst comes over and explains the process and how to get to the relaxation state the quickest way. All her tips by the way, were spot on. It took about 15 minutes for your brain to turn off and then you have the rest of the time to reflect on life. You float in this big egg looking thing and the water is at body temperature. You are in a private room with a shower.

The best part about this visit though was the massage. My boyfriend had Winter as the masseuse and I had her partner Sylvia (I think that was her name). She was incredible. She performed a massage called structural body work. She actually worked out alot of the problems I was having in my legs and got blood flowing back in those places where I had tissue build up. I felt great for days afterward. She was really knowledgable in many different forms of massage and was great in explaining what happens inside your body that causes these problems. It was the best massage I have ever had.

The customer service at the place is awesome too! they are all very zen like.

A must try!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DRAMMS
Missoula, Montana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Indulge yourself...you'll be so glad you did!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Dylan and Sandra are wonderful hosts and have created an incredible space. The Float Shoppe is comfortable, inviting and you leave feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated. I had the pleasure of a 90 minute float before leaving Portland for a 9 hour drive home after a long weekend. I have never been so alert and energized during a drive of that length...EVER!!
You have choice of three different float experiences, plus massage and/or acupuncture. They're located in a beautiful part of town and they have their own parking lot, so finding a spot isn't an issue at all. I can't recommend floating enough and The Float Shoppe is a fabulous place to have your first float or 500th. Indulge yourself. You'll be SO glad you did!!

Visited August 2013