“Anyone can do it!”
Review of Portland By Segway

Portland By Segway
Ranked #1 of 112 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to see Portland in all of it's "weirdness". Located next to the Lovejoy Fountain in the heart of downtown Portland. Come glide with us. Reservations required.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had tried a Segway at EPCOT years ago and it was very difficult. So, I was nervous when my daughter gave us two tours when we came to visit. After Jared, our instructor, gave us a quick (one minute) lesson - which was all we needed- we were off for a two hour tour of Portland. This was the best tour and the most fun I have ever had while visiting a city. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank TinaAverillPark_NY

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Gave the segway tour a try and we loved it. Really fun for us and 2 friends. Only took a few minutes to get the hang of it. Tyler, our guide was good and gave us plenty of time to enjoy the tour. I'd highly recommend it, lots of fun. Rained a bit, but didn't matter, we kept moving on. GIve it a try, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Six of us toured Portland yesterday and it was amazing. The Segway is soooooo easy to handle. I got on and did not even wobble. I am 72 and felt like a kid again. It was an amazingly beautiful, colorful fall day in Portland and Tyler did an excellent job of instructing and taking care of his "ducklings" as he called us. I was looking for something for my family to do that did not involve eating and this certainly fit the bill. We will do it again. Thanks

Reviewed 27 October 2013

It was actually a dry cool day in Portland on a Thursday. Phil, our tour guide, did a fantastic job of instructing us on how to navigate with the segway. Really not difficult at all. We had a great time and learned about the history and architecture of the area as Phil toured us around. Would highly recommend. For ages 12 and up. We even rode segways across 2 bridges (in the bike lane, of course). It was fun riding along the waterfront. Truly beautiful sights and so much easier than walking all that way. Nice way to spend 2 hours!

2  Thank casper684
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife, 76 yo mother in law and myself were looking for something different to do. I had never ride one before. These machines are amazing. You control it with your body movement and it contains a gyroscope. With Jerod as our guide we learned how to handle this machine. I did crash once and cut my finger, not badly and finished without incident. My wife finished with no incidence. My 76 yo mother in law did cut a corner of a building to short and the wheel caught it and she went down was ok a little shaken. Had to have help finishing. This can be dangerous they make you wear a helmet, smart. If you take you time and listen to the guide u should be ok. Once you learn to operate it, it is cool. You don't stop to much for pics and I wish the guide could have narrated more. Wish we could have use wireless earphones to hear the guide. My mother in law loved it even though she fell. We had a blast!!!!

1  Thank Rick B

Been to Portland By Segway? Share your experiences!