“So much better than most airport food”

Flying Elephants at PDX
Ranked #747 of 4,344 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Germany
“So much better than most airport food”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had tried Flying Elephant in downtown Portland and been pleasantly impressed. Needless to say I was very happy to see it at the airport. The food is a tiny bit on the pricy side but is well worth it. I have had many things there, soup, kale sandwich, mac&cheese, baked goods, etc. Every single thing has been extra tasty. The crunchy crostini with goat cheese is unbelievably delicious.Their food is a little different and unusual and never boring. It is so nice to have the option to eat something healthy that is light yet filling at the airport. Bravo!

• Visited June 2014

Newberry
“Local favorite at the airport”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Flying out on 4th of July, too early for lunch and a little late for breakfast, and we wanted something that would hold us until we hit Atlanta. I had been on a walking food tour while in Portland and sampled some of the Orange-tomato soup, which was very good. I had wanted to go back during our stay in Portland, but didn't get the opportunity. So I was so happy to see their restaurant at the PDX. We each tried a veggie frittata and shared a biscuit. They hit the spot! Excellent way to end a great trip to Portland.

• Visited July 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Soup”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stuck at the airport at an odd time, we ended up having lunch here. My hubby and I both got the pulled pork sandwich which was on great bread but the meat was just okay. I also ordered the Mama Leone soup which was hot and delicious. They have an amazing assortment of drinks to choose from and many treats if you forgot to buy your souvies beforehand.

Plenty of seating
Restrooms nearby
Fair prices

Kentucky
“Awesome Soup!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The Mama Leone's soup there is the best soup I've ever had! Things there are made from scratch. The servers were very friendly and the selection of foods and drinks is quite broad.

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Loved this Cafe”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stuck at Portland Airport (PDX), loved this Cafe. Was looking for something "non-Fast Food". They had a Cafe portion that made hot meal and also a section with pre-made sandwiches, snacks, candys with local products. The Cafe, I had the daily soup, great choice and a grilled sandwich. I would recommend this place, lots of options and everything was so fresh. Love it when Airport offer better, healthier options for travelers.

• Visited March 2013