“Nice alternative to generic hotel room”
other travellers have booked this property
bHistoric White Stag Leaded windows used as walls
Comfortable Queen bed gas fireplace   total privacy
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Comfortable Queen bed
gas fireplace   total privacy
breathtaking views of both rivers and the city
Fantastic deck with heaters, grill, tv
Galley kitchen with microwave and refridgerator
kitchenette with microwave, electric skillet, refridgerator
bonus room for computer, breakfast bar, tv, games, and lounging
root beer glass tiles, rain shower head
magnifying mirror, excellent side lights for make up
fireplace and cozy reading corner
glass tiled bathroom, stained glass walls
elevator access, hickory wood floors
extra room for computer, breakfast bar
magnifying mirror, beautiful tilework
totally private...  above the rooflines
total privacy  in the trees
Looks are deceiving  4 story house with elevator access to the suite
cozy sitting area on deck
lots of room and comfortable too
closet with ironing board and iron
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4.5 of 5 bubbles Very good - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

cestuart
Denver, Colorado
“Nice alternative to generic hotel room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

When I was researching places to stay in Portland, I wanted something unique and an alternative to the generic hotel room. I found it in Vicki's apartment. It is richly decorated and very clean. It has gorgeous views and is situated in a nice residential neighborhood in Portland. You are about a one-mile walk from coffee shops and a little longer to downtown Portland. Vicki lives on the top two floors of this house. A quaint elevator takes you to the apartment on the first floor of Vicki's house. Vicki is a great host but gives you your privacy.

1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. I do hope to see you again in the future.
Jorjorbin...
Fall River, Massachusetts
“The only place I would want to stay in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I couldn't overstate how amazing the place was... and it was very affordable. The rental is a short walk outside of downtown Portland. Also, the house is very close to some amazing places to eat.. Elephants deli being one of them. The area is just spectacular. Vicki was also an awesome host, left us PLENTY of insider information on the city, coupons, recommendations. Most of which we took and were very pleased with. I cannot say enough good things, and as I type this I honestly wish i was there now :[ Incredible!

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Dec 2013
Wow! Thank you!!! I so appreciate the wonderful things you said and I do hope you'll return!!!!
BV-Catgur...
Langley, BC
“It was like being in a secluded treehouse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

This was our first experience with doing a vacation rental, and everything is like the pictures. If you are looking for a nice quiet place to unwind, then this place is great.

Vicki was great in terms of communication since she responded quite quickly via e-mail and was easy to ask questions and provide tips and information. Too bad we were not able to meet her since she was off in Europe and had a house sitter. I think that it would have been quite lovely to meet her!

Getting to the place is a little twisty in terms of going up the hills and figuring out what streets to turn on, but once there it was easy to find. There is an elevator that you can take from the street level down to the 3rd level. Ideally, use this instead of the stairs since it is so much easier especially when toting luggage or purchases.

Vicki is an artist and you can see her artistic touches with her decor and items. I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this place and having the opportunity to browse and look at her displayed artwork and books. She has all the amenities there for use, such as a coffee maker, toaster, microwave, fridge and electric skillet. There is no stove but the skillet works great and all kitchen utensils are available for use. We made our breakfasts everyday for our 3-night stay. The couch is quite comfy as well!

One thing to note is that there is a water pump system that will turn on when you use water for showering and washing dishes. It will whir a bit, stop and 2 knocks will sound. At first we thought the house sitter was knocking on the door at the elevator. However, it only comes on when you use the water, so no worries about it disturbing your sleep.

Toiletries are all provided in regular bottles, so if you forget anything, she has it all there. Although not like a hotel where you get your own mini-sets, everything is available and you just need to look for it. We brought our own stuff to use. The shower has a "rain like" head that makes showering fun and has good pressure. Loved the tiles that she used in the bathroom.

Her cupboards are child-proofed so if you have little ones, you don't have to be too worried. Everything is there in terms of towels and it is like being in your own home. I also saw that she had some toys and a blow up air mattress, so if you do have some kids, I think that it would be fine.

The deck upstairs is enormous and has a nice view. We didn't get a chance to spend time on the deck since we were out and about, but it would have been great. The banquet seating is ample and comfy. There is a BBQ that you can use with a sink next to it as well.

The chickadees and blue jays are noisy in the morning, chirping and singing their songs, but we loved it being able to look out and see them. Because the view is surrounded by trees and birds, you forget how close the other properties are around. It literally is like being in a giant treehouse! We had the windows open and it was nice, airy and cool for us. Very quiet and peaceful, especially at night.

The place has plenty of windows so you get nice natural light. To me everything was quite modern and updated in terms of amenities, with dimmer switches and all that.

I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Portland!

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities 4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Communication from Vicki was excellent.
Liked least: Not Vicki's fault, but the person housesitting for her was not there to walk us through the place. Instruction notes were left in places.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
24 Sep 2013
Wow! That was a very nice comprehensive review,I do hope you will come back. I would like to meet you.
I'm not really an artist so I appreciate the compliments.
This is part of my house so I leave things like I would for my friends. I figure if people want the predictability and packaged amenities of a hotel then they should stay in one so I'm truly glad you felt comfortable and at home.
Come again!
DRS9569
Silverton, Oregon
“Comfortable but slightly odd”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Our first impression of this apartment was quite positive. It really is very nicely decorated, spacious, and beautifully finished as well as being in a great location. Walking to any downtown area would be problematic at best. It really is a long way from anything and the trip back would be all uphill. We did, however, have some pleasant walks through the neighborhood which contains some great historic houses.
There were other realities, however, that did not quite match the description of the property . The kitchen was stocked with unique dishes and utensils (except no sharp knife) but also an odd collection of what seemed to be left behind food items like half used sacks of coffee and restaurant sugar packets. None of this was a big problem just a bit "off putting". The bathroom was very uniquely decorated also but perhaps fashion won out over usefulness in this case--especially as concerns the tiny shower which also was stocked with various odds and ends of shampoo and conditioner.
The big surprise came when we carried our after dinner wine up to the deck in order to enjoy the view and perhaps meet Vicki our host, and were met by a family of six including the Italian couple who were now living in the main house as a result of what they described as a "house swap" with Vicki. They were setting the table for dinner and wondered who that "strange couple" was wandering around on their deck and how we had gotten in. The surprise was mutual at least. We never did meet Vicki. We asked after her but the folks in the main house had no idea where she might be -----I guess it wouldn't have done any good to call her to replace the burned out light bulb.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 bubbles Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
9 Aug 2013
I am very sorry to hear your stay wasn't all you expected. I was out of town and I did do a house exchange however the Italians were very aware someone was going to be downstairs. We discussed it in length. I also made it clear in my description on the site that it is a "shared deck".
The coffee odds and ends and sugar packets were provided by me and when people bought additional I left them for my guests use. The only other item in the fridge was some mango butter that I thought my guest might like. It is fresh and not old or spoiled.
I also provide soaps and shampoos. Sorry they weren't packaged to your liking. I'll put an additional sharpened knife down there.
For $110 per night for 682 square feet plus a deck I think you got a good value. As far as the shower, it is a RAIN shower with fantastic pressure and every other person has loved it. I designed it for my own use.
So, perhaps a standard $110 hotel room would be better for you in the future.
j1952
connecticut
“Costly disappontment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I had hoped to be adding another positive review to this site. Sadly that is not the case. I had reserved two nights at this property through FlipKey back in January for a stay of two nights arriving Wed July 31. The availability calender on the site reflected this booking witin 24 hrs.I continued to monitor the reviews and all indicators were that my stay would be wonderful. I emailed Vicki through FlipKey this past week to confirm my stay. Received no response. Phoned her on Sat. and she said she did not know who I was and had the room booked for the week through another booking site for another customer and would not honor my reservation.She stated that early on she had some problems in understanding her booking engines. NOW WE HAVE NO PLACE TO STAY. Vicki recommended the Hotel Deluxe as an option. I have obtained a booking there. Sadly I won't be able to indulge in Portlands exciting food scene as I can no longer afford lunch and dinner because Hotel Deluxe is 536 vs 200 for the vacation rental.

1 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property?
Liked best: seemed to be a great property
Liked least: the fact I wasn't given the opporyunity to stay
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 Jul 2013
I am so so sorry about the mistake. I do not know how it happened but you did not show up in my reservations. I could not honor your reservtion since I had someone staying there already. There is nothing I can do except to say I am very very sorry for the mistake. I am sure there are other cheaper places to stay so you could still eat. There is a Holiday Inn express at the end of NW 23rd and i am SURE it would be less money and still give you access to the Portland scene.
Again, my apologies.
Stephanie...
Santa Clara, California
“Awesome place in a treehouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Great place to stay. Could see the 4th of July fireworkson the balcony all the way to the Washington border. Was a pleasure to stay there and love the free WIFI and parking.

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacy
Liked least: shower was too small
Friends getaway
11 Jul 2013
Come back again! So glad you enjoyed it.
mfoulks
Tucson, Arizona
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

This suite is so beautiful & Vicki is very nice. She even drew a map for us because we planned to walk most of the trip. It is located way up in the beautiful hills & it has gorgeous views. The suite is literally in the trees & it was lovely to open the windows to enjoy the perfect weather that weekend. Vicki has wonderful taste & I loved admiring her art. If you're seeking a secluded, quiet rental that's near downtown Portland this is it! I just don't recommend walking from the Max to the rental while toting luggage, it's ALL uphill :)
Thank you Vicki!

5 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Location
10 May 2013
Thank you for the great review .I enjoyed meeting you and really do hope you will come again.
I wish i could figure out an easy way for walkers to get back up hill but other than a taxi or a rental car, legs are about it. But what a great workout!!! That's another thing I love about this neighborhood...the up and down hills make for a great exercise regimen, even if you are only taking a half hour walk in a loop.
Again, thank you for your kind words. and appreciating my quirky taste. I hope others are as nice and appreciative as you are!
Vicki.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$135
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing