“fantastic New York-style pizza, homey atmosphere”

Gladstone Street Pizza
Ranked #870 of 4,588 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Portland has some of the best pizza anywhere, but I never want to go any further than Gladstone Street for my chewy-crust pizza fix. The hand-tossed crust is on par with the best I've had anywhere, and they know just how to top the pizzas with fresh local ingredients and exactly the right amount. Everything's great here, from the Caesar salad (properly garlicky) to the focaccia to the house-made hot sauce. Not to mention the friendly, efficient, knowledgeable service -- the owner's daughters are fantastic (ask for their local beer recommendations!). Sitting outside in the back patio eating Gladstone Street Pizza and drinking a hoppy local beer is one of my favorite whole-body dining experiences.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

There is no reason to go anywhere else for pizza in Portland if you are looking for delicious, fresh pizza and great drinks. Family owned and operated. Incredible pack patio. Try the Fabio...

1  Thank Arborider
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I almost hate posting this online because I feel like this is our little pizza spot. The family that runs this business is so nice. The pizza is light and airy. They have specialty drinks and a cool bar attached. The patio is wonderful for summer months. They make their own vinegary hot sauce which is awesome. Love, love, love this place.

2  Thank Rodigz
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Love the Fabio Pizza (with arugula on top) and Hard cider!
Deserts are also tasty with some ice cream.
Beautiful bar, nice patio!
Great service! Nice location! Just a bike ride for us.

1  Thank JoseOyague
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was visiting friends in Portland recently when we decided to go out to dinner. They are major foodies so I know whatever restaurant they choose is going to be great. I was totally surprised that they chose a pizza restaurant!

We ended up being a group of 8 people and we were promptly seated outside on their patio. The service was excellent with drinks always promptly refilled. There were lots of options for pizzas. I chose a pesto based pizza and it was the best pesto pizza I've ever had!

On a final positive note, I accidentally left my I-phone at the restaurant. I figured it out a couple of hours later and called the restaurant expecting the worst. Surprise! The waitresses found it and stored it securely until my return. What an awesome crew!

2  Thank OrygunGirl_10