“Small, friendly and authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #485 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Small, friendly and authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Had the house-made pasta and sausage with a spicy marinara sauce... it was excellent. The pasta was light and thin and far surpassed anything you can buy at the store. Our party of seven had a mix of dishes and the wine paring recommended by the waiter went perfectly with everything. You have to try this place when in Portland.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Thomas S

Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Been a while, but better than I remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

There are a few very authentic Italian restaurants in Portland and Portofino is one of them. It has been the closest to feeling like being in a cafe in Italy that I have been to in years. My daughter and I made 6 pm dinner reservations, that were sadly unnecessary as the place was pretty empty on a beautiful Saturday night. We were greeted right away and got a glass of wine from what I thought was a limited wine list. Little did I know, there is a huge book with the 2nd largest wine list in Portland after the 1000+ at Ringside. I ended up with a couple glasses of their barbera by the glass. Glass choices are kind of limited, but the overall list is very impressive. We ordered a lasagna bolognese and a lamb gnocchi. Both were fresh, authentic and excellent. Service was professional and attentive. After a great meal and a glass of grappa, one of my favorites, we got a quick tour of the wine cellar. It was a great experience and I will not wait 2 years to return.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Oh my gosh.....heavenly goodness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I took my husband to Portofino's last night for his Birthday. I wanted to try something new so I started to do research on Italian restaurants in Portland. I read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures, and read about each restaurant what the had to say about their establishments. After a couple of days of doing so I decided that Portofino's would be my choice. Well, I have to say that indeed I chose a winner here! The owner Seth was our server. He was fantastic. We ordered the steamer claims that came in a delicious tomato sauce, the little potato things (I cannot remember the name) and the caprese salad for appetizers. The caprese salad was served with balsamic vinaigrette that has aged for 20 years. I couldn't stop rubbing the delicious sour dough bread in it! We then had our main courses. My husband ordered what is not even on the menu: chicken Parmesan with spaghetti and meat sauce and I had their special the chanterelle pasta with pine nuts and bacon. Oh boy was the food so flavorful! Now onto the dessert! We ordered the sea salt and caramel gelato and the marionberry and peach cobbler with cinnamon gelato. The sea salt and caramel gelato about blew my roof off! Wow, I was instantly in love! . We topped the meal off with a bottle of Malbec. I have to say that we had no clue what to order.....well I didn't so I just ordered what Seth recommended! A+ and high five to this place! We will be returning soon:)

2 Thank Krista39
Reno, Nevada
“Run the other way”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Went there with family , food not good had the bouillabaisse it was bland to say the least not all the ingredients that were on the menu were in the dish?? Wife had the seafood risotto over cooked service was lacking. If I were you look somewhere else for Italian.

1 Thank cruisincoupleReno
Denver, Colorado
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Visited one evening with others during recent visit to area.
Pastas were home made and excellent. Reasonably priced by the glass chianti wine was very good.
It was midweek and restaurant was short staff. Received free 2nd glass of wine because of delay in service.
Nice small cozy atmosphere.