“Recommended by a friend who lives in Portland. Outstanding Italian experience! The food, the atmosphere, PI rocks!!!”
Review of Piazza Italia

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Very authentic Italian experience. Hearing the daily specials with an Italian accent is always a nice start...but when the Italian prosciutto hit my palate, wow!!! My main course consisted of pappardelle mare e monti (outstanding) and the tiramisu was fantastico. Want to come back here with my wife. Merci beaucoup!

1  Thank Jean D

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We frequently go here & have always enjoyed it so when my friend from out of town stopped to visit, I decided to take her here for a light lunch. Disappointed. The minestrone soup was bland & not one bean. The waiter was rather dismissive. The bread was good.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This is by far the best Italian restaurant in Portland, and I'm not just talking about the food, I'm also talking about the atmosphere and the vibe, which is fundamental. I am Italian and I come to Portland every year, and every time I eat at Piazza Italia at least twice. Their Pasta is great, especially Pappardelle al Cinghiale, as well as minestrone, caprese and desserts, in particular Tiramisu. The staff here is the best and the majority speaks italian as well. The owner is italian too. One thing I love is the importance of soccer for this restaurant: on the ceilings there are tons of team jerseys and most of them have autographs of the players on them. Also, soccer matches are always on and if you come here you'll likely be sitting next to one of the Timbers players. Another thing I love about Piazza Italia is that despite being a favorite spot for "celebrities" it's nor fancy at all and prices are below average. Quality is very good.

1  Thank MariaGpdx
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We come here so often that I like to think of it as my Italian grandpa's place in Rome. I almost always (no ALWAYS) get the Squatcherella pasta; it's a carbonara-like like concoction of ham, eggs, cheese and linguini that is so awesome that I am powerless to resist. Plus their bread is as good as it gets. One trend that really pis**s me off is charging huge amounts of dough ($) for the dough (bread) they give you. Renata is a very bad player in this respect. You simply must come here to try the Roman style of pasta prep. You will not be dissappointed!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I was an Italian exchange student in Portland for one year and this place was definitely my favorite in town. In this restaurant you can breathe that special atmosphere that only Italians can give; It is impossible to enter and not feel overwhelmed by the hospitality and the warmth of the waiters (not all of them are Italians). Food is simple and authentically Italian. The menu is mainly focused on pasta which is their highlight. It's worth going to this restaurant just to understand, if you are not lucky enough to come to Italy, what it means to eat in a real trattoria. Thanks to these guys I spent the most enjoyable evenings of my stay in Portland and I can't wait to go back. Bravi!