“Ok not more”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cha! Cha! Cha!

Cha! Cha! Cha!
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Trondheim, Norway
“Ok not more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We went there for dinner and it was ok but not more. We had tortillas and enchiladas. The enchiladas were good, the tortillas were just average. The black beans were disgusting.
We thought that the place was kind of filthy but the waitress was friendly.

Fort Myers, Florida
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped here for a quick bite to eat. The service was lacking and not very friendly, there was a girl standing there looking mean, the table outside was dirty and I asked to use the cleaning rag to clean the table she got an attitude with me and went and cleaned the table for us. The food was decent I wa a little suprised at the small guacamole we got for 4.50.

• Visited May 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Interesting food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stopped by Cha late on a Friday night, and we were fairly pleased with the experience. It was quiet when we got there (around 9pm or so), mostly families dining at that time. Service was very friendly, but the server didn't seem that familiar with the menu - he kept saying it had just changed. We ended up trying something unique to us, which was huitlacoche quesadillas. Huitlacoche is referred to as Mexican truffles by some (and described as such on the menu), but if you order it, you should realize it's really a corn fungus (farmers in the U.S. view it as a blight). It doesn't taste much like mushrooms at all, but if you want to try something different, this is definitely it. I think we'll skip it next time!

We also had a nightly special, which was seafood enchiladas (fish and shrimp). It was pretty good, but was covered in a creamy sauce that didn't have too much flavor.

Even the chips and salsa were a little disappointing - the salsa was not the standard tomato salsa - it was very earthy tasting, perhaps with more red peppers than tomatoes. It just didn't have the fresh pop of salsa that I enjoy.

Based on the friendly service, I'll give this a 4-star rating, but the food, well, it wasn't the best Mexican we've had. I think part of the issue is that the chef is going for a very authentic Mexican cuisine. Having recently been to Merida, the capital of the Yucatan, I can vouch for the fact that the food did remind me of what is served there, but I'll also admit that it didn't appeal to my American palate, either at Cha or in the Yucatan. If you're up for something different from typical Tex-Mex, though, you'll find it here.

• Visited November 2013
Happy Valley, Oregon
“Hmmm...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The wife and I popped into the downtown Milwaukie location at 1:30 on a Friday afternoon and it was maybe 1/3 full.

Like a lot of Portland restaurants these days, CCC has to be a little bit different. The experience is more like fast food, where you order up front and pay before you eat, then they give you a number and bring the food out to the table. You also need to grab your own utensils and water if you want it, and unlike most Mexican places, chips and salsa are not a free starter, but will instead set you back close to $3.00.

That being said, the food is a cut above most neighborhood Mexican places in terms of freshness and taste. The wife had cheese enchiladas and I had pork tamales, both came with rice and beans. Including a couple of soft drinks, the total bill was a little over $20, not bad for lunch for two.

The only other knock was the music was really loud, making it hard for us to converse normally.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Cute place our hotel Econo Lodge recommended in Milwaukie Downtown. Not fancy but great tasty Mexican food...

Visited March 2013