“Very good all around”

Higgins Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Higgins Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Very good all around”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The exterior is a bit misleading, but inside is nice and the food was very good. Had a salmon special that was excellent and a great beer selection too. Very limited menu, but everything my party had was very good.

1 Thank Darren K

• Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“Eat in the bar!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A friend recommended this place and said to head straight back and eat in the bar for a more casual experience. Our waiter was AMAZING and the food was even better. I will definitely go back...too many things I want to try.

2 Thank debdex66
Portland, Oregon
“I didn't know about this place, but I'm glad I do now.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

While visiting family were in town, they mentioned this restaurant, with which I was not familiar. I looked it up online and found great reviews and they could take a reservation for 7 made just the afternoon before, so that was a done deal. There is a bar area which was very lively. We were in the dining room which is not very large and somewhat noisy. The food selection was wonderful and I enjoyed a perfectly cooked steak. Everyone enjoyed their entrees--all which looked tempting. I will mention that I am a gazpacho lover, and their gazpacho was slightly different and very spicy. And a large portion. Delicious but not what I expected--and sometimes that is a good thing. We all really enjoyed dining here. Our waiter was excellent and everything was served very nicely and in good time There is a very nice wine list. I don't think there is outdoor seating and I don't know if they serve brunch or have late night dining. I believe they serve lunch.

2 Thank barbdpayne
San Francisco, California
“high quality maintained over time”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

we have eaten at this downtown portland restaurant several times over the years......always top notch. excellent decor[ on 3 levels] and atmosphere. very good wine list. $20 corkage. pricey but worth it.
highly recommended.

Bloomington, Indiana
“very good meal”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my first visit to Higgins and it was a good one. My wife and I split a delicious seafood bourride; my son had pasta. The salads were very good.