“Historic Building/ good service”
Review of Heathman Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Salmon
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was referred to Heathman Restaurant since the restaurant in our hotel was being renovated. I loved the pampering given me. The food was delicious and the servers professionals. I also liked the location and the beauty of the old building. It was quiet even though several people were talking to each other near my table.

1  Thank Otter-play

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Coming off the hiking trial with sore feet, we were not inclined to travel far for dinner. So we cleaned up and simply headed downstairs for an excellent meal. The dining room is also a popular breakfast spot. The meal is excellent, and local movers and shakers hold court there.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

While visiting Portland for the weekend, we found a great restaurant to celebrate my birthday...The Heathman! It was just wonderful! The food, service, cocktails and atmosphere are top rate! When we arrived after making a reservation, I was pleasantly surprised to see on the menu "Happy Birthday and my name!" This is a great place for a special occasion because they make you feel very special!

1  Thank MaryEllen22
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've eaten at this restaurant several times and the one thing I continue to get over and over again is their yummy soup, salad and sandwich combination. Their salads are fresh and elegant and I love their champagne vinaigrette. Their soups are refined and they offer solid elevated sandwich selections. Plus, with this particular menu selection they offer a warm, freshly baked cookie for dessert. You just can't go wrong. The setting is somewhat upscale and often hosts business lunches. On a beautiful day, it's really nice to sit outside though that seating is limited.

2  Thank Renae H
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We are local residents and have been going to this restaurant for years and it's been one of our favorites. . But the last two time we've been there the service has been really mediocre. (The food has still been good, though, except for drinks like Mimosas.) I know the restaurant owners have been in a legal dispute with the Heathman Hotel (their landlord). and maybe that has affected the staff morale or the management in a negative way. Anyway, we've been unpleasantly surprised and disappointed with the significant decline in the quality of service recently.