“Espresso & French pastry”
Review of St Honore Bakery

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Excellent pastries & sandwiches. A must visit each time in Portland. Join the local crowd for coffee in the morning.

1  Thank CMCK3022

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This Bistro style cafe has excellent food. The coffee is excellent as well. Don't miss! One orders at the cashier and the food is delivered. The service is always excellent.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We really loved this bakery - it is one of the best we have ever been to. We really stuffed ourselves as we wanted to try a lot - but the small selection that we had was really delicious. We tried a couple of lovely bread rolls (plain sourdough and a hazelnut selection) that we wanted to try and would definitely buy more of if we lived locally. The pastries we tried were the Kouign Amann (just the right balance of lovely buttery crispy texture which was our favourite), Normandy Apple Toast (very generous with the apple and nice creamy custard) and also just a plain Brioche Parisienne (lovely buttery texture and absolutely delicious).
Paired with a couple of coffees, we really enjoyed ourselves at this lovely bakery and will definitely return when we are next in Portland.
Tip: as the queue is often quite long and tables/seats are hard to get, make sure you find a table first and get someone to hold it while you queue to order. People were like vultures when it comes to finding a table, so be quick!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

WOW what a treat! I could easily gain more weight with their food and bakery items. WOW WOW WOW. A real old style French Bakery. Their bakery items are made before your eyes and displayed like the old fashion bakeries of my youth. Fresh Breads, cakes, pasteries of all types, and of course all of the calories are removed ; - o . We stopped after breakfast at Besaws and took home nearly $100.00 of fresh baked items. Sandwiches and a limited menu of cooked iems fill out the fare. Coffee smelled great (allergic to coffee so couldn't taste) and they had an extensive selection of tea. Find time to visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

SH reminded me of the beautiful pastry cases I saw in Europe. It was very busy when I visited, but the line moved along. Staff was cheery in spite of the crush. I was tempted to take my sandwich apart so I could fully enjoy both the filling and the incredible bread. Wish I lived closer, but that would not be good for my waist.