“Great pastries”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I had lunch here while in the neighborhood. We each had sandwiches that were good and sampled a few of the pasties which were excellent. Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was very relaxed with both indoor and sidewalk seating. This is a great place for a quick meal or to pick up baked goods.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My wife reluctantly agreed to have breakfast here. Afterwards, she thanked me for persuading her.

I've never had better croissants outside of France. The croissant au beurre, croissant aux amandes, and pain au chocolat were all exquisite, as was my double espresso. My wife had the brioche cocotte, which she called "outstanding". Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely sandwich and salad each... Then took an eternity to pick two desserts. We are travelling from Canada, but if we were from a little closer we would have loaded up in the fresh breads - they looked wonderful! Highly recommend this spot :)

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I loved the ambience and the confection. My wife and two kids all enjoyed the bakery and were glad that we stopped by on our last day in Portland

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our daughter recommended this boulangerie on Division Street (near our guesthouse accommodations) for a light lunch. As you walk in you are greeting with a showcase of French pastries almost impossible to pass by (we held our until the day before we left Portland -- otherwise, we would have stuffed ourselves with eclairs and tarts everyday!). But, there are also very ample sandwiches (served with a good-sized side salad) and, for dinner, several small plates and a few regular choices. We had the French take on macaroni and cheese: spaeztle and cheese with lardon (they also make a vegetarian version). You can top this off with wine or coffee or latte, but we came to prefer one of the many apple ciders offered. Very refreshing on hot July days! But, be forewarned, the glasses are filled and the alcohol content more than you would think. You can sit inside, but the shaded outdoor café section allows you to people watch as you enjoy your meal.

1  Thank chuck1nyc