“Throwback to the 70's”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 4,268 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westwood
Transit: Tri Met Line #65 X
Portland Oregon
“Throwback to the 70's”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We hadn't been to the Chart House for years. Maybe - like, maybe 10 or 12? Or more? And the place hasn't changed. There's something about the décor that makes me feel like I'm at my great-aunt's newly-decorated home that she was so proud of in the 1970's.
I honestly didn't have great expectations about the food -- but I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was pitch perfect. My husband and I had small orders of several things, and we admired and enjoyed each one. Another nice touch was our attentive and interesting waitress. We won't wait so long before the next time we plan a visit there.
P.S> -- I was very fond of my great aunt. This was a nice way to remember her.

Visited June 2014

“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went to happy hour at 4;00. Got a table at the window, what a awesome view of the river, trees, and Portland. Service was fast and very good. Our waiter was well informed and helpful. Finished happy hour with a slice of mud pie.

• Visited June 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Special Occasion Fabulous View of Portland”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I normally don't like chain restaurants, especially high priced ones but it was my birthday and we had a gift certificate to cover part of the cost. Parking is valet, which I especially hate when my car is 30 feet away and I have to have someone else get it for me (Los Angeles style parking I call it.) It was busy but not that busy to justify it that night but maybe it is necessary other times. Got the best seat in the house - corner window with a view of the Marquam Park below, the Williamette River and city beyond. It was a beautiful clear day so we could really enjoy the panoramic view.

The service was extremely professional - attentive but not annoying. The specialty drink was pricy at $11 and nothing special. The mixed seafood plate was quite good, cooked just right and had a "meaty" crab cake (which is hard to find as many times they are mushy and full of filler.) My husband's prime rib was nicely cooked. The menu is predictable and with all the interesting local food choices in Portland, it is hard to recommend this place for the food, but when combined with the awesome view, it made for a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited May 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great Food. Great Service. Beautiful Location! Very expensive but for special occasions we will definitely return.

Visited May 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“A truely great dinning experience”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent 2 fabulous hours at a window seat at the Chart House - Portland for our wedding anniversary. Staff from valet guys to our waiter Aaron were exceptional. Views were incredible including a bald eagle. Exceptional food. We had calamari (not greasy at all), clam chowder, New Age Surf and Turf and the prime rib with lobster tail. The server took the lobster meat of out the shell for us. Aaron our waiter was one of the best ever. I disagree with the one of the reviews that the is food is just OK for price. We have eaten at other high end seafood restaurants which were pricier. We thought the Chart House was great value for the money. They had our menu inscribed with a celebratory anniversary message, nice touch. Definitely will return!

• Visited April 2014