“Great little neighborhood diner”
Review of Byways Cafe

Byways Cafe
Ranked #65 of 4,268 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great little neighborhood diner”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Food is outstanding!!!! Very small place so keep that in mind. Very difficult to seat large parties, we were 7, and had a very long wait. Definitely worth it though. We all had the scrambles, and all were equally excellent. Services was fun and quick, and all the wait staff were pleasant and helpful. Definitely a place to try on your next trip to Portland.

Visited August 2014

Victoria, Canada
“Eat there every time I am in Portland!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place is funky and walks the line of being tacky which makes it one of my favourite brunch spots. Food is fantastic, great service...all in all gets a 10/10 from me! Was reviewed on DDI from the food channel and also got his vote. Try the house specials...the infused french toast is to die for. You will not be disappointed! Only complaint is the line up and it can get a bit loud as it it small and packed!

Vancouver, Washington
“Fun Old-Fashioned Diner in the Pearl District”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We ate here for lunch just walking by and tried it. So glad we did. Loved the decor, felt like we walking back in time, think 1950s. Nice lunch selection for all different palates to try. I had the "Sonoma," a lovely looking and great tasting chicken salad. My friend had a chicken sandwich, which she tasted wonderful. Large portions, great wait staff. Definitely coming back again.

Campbell, California
“Well done!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My corned beef was served with a scrumptious horseradish spread, & potato salad with bacon is just cheating. Turkey,bacon,avocado also yummy. Side green salad was a delightful surprise; big and fresh! I appreciate the cleanliness too.

Brooklyn, New York
“Hidden Gem....maybe I shouldn't write this....”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our first morning in Portland, we went to the Byways Cafe based on TA reviews. We walked in and were seated right away. Our server was friendly, I think his name was Chip. The place had a warm neighborhood feeling and I could see how this place would be someone's regular breakfast and or lunch spot. It's decorated with vintage decorative state plates and old license plates. We both had egg dishes which were very yummy and filing. I ordered the biscuit instead of toast and it was amazing! It's located in the area called The Pearl....and this is a gem.

1 Thank RidleyNY