“Best posole in town”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Best posole in town”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

This is a smaller restaurant that offers decently priced Mexican food that is quite flavorful. The posole is hands down the best around -- their secret has to be that they cool the pork bone-in (unlike most recipes that cube the meat) so I highly recommend a bowl (sm $6/lg $8). Carnitas were also yum yum. Casual dining so come as you are.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DanielLogan

Hayden Lake, ID
“My grandchildren like this one”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Did it for the kids. This is very basic Mexican food, in fact, I would say Tex-Mex. My fish tacos were . . . OK . . . maybe a little better than OK. On the bright side, it's not at all expensive! That was refreshing.

Visited May 2013
Issaquah, Washington
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I'm in town for work, and a friend and I went to La Bonita for dinner. I had the carnitas chimichanga and an order of chips and salsa. AMAZING! First off, the portion was huge. The chimi was one of the largest I had scene. The guac was homemade, and fresh, the pico amazing. The pork was awesome, and I had a bite of my friends carna asada, also awesome. Definitely left the place STUFFED and would highly recommend you stop by. Oh, and the prices - super affordable for the amount of food you get. A great deal.

• Visited April 2013
Kovalam, India
“my personal best mexican junk food outlet”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

well, i do have a history with this place, do remember the two dollar gigantic veggie burritos of old....time passed, it's fourfifty now, but the burrito still comes in big. with hot sauce - try the green one- and a jar of chlorine smelling drinking water- it always reminds me of the beginning days of the alberta street developement and how many hard working gentrificationers this place was feeding...so go there and help them survive, now that the times got yup.

Visited August 2012
San Mateo, California
“better looking Mexican choices on Alberta”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

On a three day visit to Portland, decided to check out Alberta Street. Picked La Bonita based on web reviews. Pretty average. I ordered the carne asada - self proclaimed on the blackboard inside as "The Best Carne Asada!" which was quite dry. My guess is it was on the grill for a while. My wife had the grilled Tilapia tacos, which were much better. Good fish, and the chopped onion and cilantro toppings were very fresh.

One note - the specials include a soft drink (soda, horchada, or pineapple water) for $1 extra. I had to mention this to the order taker at the counter, as I saw she rang it up separately, which was $2. You order your food at the counter, and then wait for your number to be called for pick up.

There are tables on the sidewalk, which was one of the attractions for us - the weather in Portland was very nice during our visit.

Visited July 2012