“Best Authentic Mexican Food in PDX”
Review of La Bonita

La Bonita
Ranked #1,124 of 4,415 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I travel across town from NW to NE Alberta for the fish tacos and steak tortas.
The vegie tacos are delicious too. You can order the fish tacos with fried fish or grilled. I prefer the fried. The steak tortas are the best I've ever eaten. The meat is tender and juicy. I prefer tortas without beans, just a personal choice. Only bummer no beer or alcohol but I think they allow you to bring your own. The prices are really reasonable and the menu is extensive, Breakfast, lunch and dinner, dying to try the tamales.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Went there during Last Thursday, ordered a carne asada burrito to go. What I actually got was a al pastor burrito. It was a little greasy but flavorless without the salsas provided when you eat it. it was really big though. I'd go again for the good value. Maybe they had an off night or something.

2  Thank ouchfirehot
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

This is a smaller restaurant that offers decently priced Mexican food that is quite flavorful. The posole is hands down the best around -- their secret has to be that they cool the pork bone-in (unlike most recipes that cube the meat) so I highly recommend a bowl (sm $6/lg $8). Carnitas were also yum yum. Casual dining so come as you are.

2  Thank DanielLogan
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Did it for the kids. This is very basic Mexican food, in fact, I would say Tex-Mex. My fish tacos were . . . OK . . . maybe a little better than OK. On the bright side, it's not at all expensive! That was refreshing.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I'm in town for work, and a friend and I went to La Bonita for dinner. I had the carnitas chimichanga and an order of chips and salsa. AMAZING! First off, the portion was huge. The chimi was one of the largest I had scene. The guac was homemade, and fresh, the pico amazing. The pork was awesome, and I had a bite of my friends carna asada, also awesome. Definitely left the place STUFFED and would highly recommend you stop by. Oh, and the prices - super affordable for the amount of food you get. A great deal.

Been to La Bonita? Share your experiences!