“Fun bayou atmosphere”
Review of Le Bistro Montage

Le Bistro Montage
Ranked #238 of 4,676 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: The vision of Jon Beckel, Le Bistro Montage's founder, was to have a place where everyone could enjoy themselves and have a great meal. He hit the mark with Le Bistro Montage. Founded in 1992 in a converted taco stand, it soon moved to it's present location at 301 SE Morrison. On a shoestring budget, Jon and staff created a one of a kind place where, when you step in the door, you're not quite sure where you are. Its quirky decor, including huge paintings, a poster pulled off the Berlin Wall, decadent fresh flowers, tin cans pounded into the floor, and long, linen-covered tables, Creates an atmosphere that draws all types and guarantees a great time.
Reviewed 7 November 2015

The restaurant had such a fun vibe to it. The food was really good but not the biggest portions. I only didn't finish my meal so I could get a cool tinfoil to-go box. The seating was a little annoying. I was closer to the stranger next to me than my husband across the table. Romantic setting until you get sat next to a loud drunk lady.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

The last time we ate at Montage was nearly 5 years ago. It was great then and is still great now. The one thing you need to know before you go to Montage is they do not take reservations and can get very busy on weekends. If you head on over on a Friday or Saturday, plan on a lengthy wait since people who dine there do not like to rush. The seating is at big tables with other parties sharing your experience. Since friends are easily made, why hurry. Get to know them.
The food is very, very, very heavy and filling...but oh so good. Don't be a wimp, try the alligator and the frogs legs. We have never finished a full entree, but that's no problem, they will wrap it up to take home in a very creative aluminum foil sculpture. Even if you don't eat it for leftovers, ask them to create something for you.
I would not eat at Montage too often, because it is so heavy, but it is great for that special occasion when friends come to town and you want to show them just how weird Portland can be. You might even get lucky like we did and have another guest in the restaurant that night who kept yelling, "It's an Oyster."
Pairs nicely with VooDoo Doughnut!

Reviewed 1 November 2015

The food was outstanding. I had the basic mac and cheese and it was wonderful. So cream y and flavorful! The community seating was a little odd, however overall the atmosphere is great. It's definitely worth a try outside of your comfort zone. I will definitely go back again, and recommend it for others.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

We ate here as a group. I had the Rock Shrimp Liguini which was good. Prices were decent but my eyesight isnt the greatest so i needed the flashlight on my phone to read the menu. Other than that, great place. They don't take reservations so be aware of this. I loved the name of the bar,"La Merde Lounge", lol

Reviewed 7 October 2015

As a strict vegetarian, I rarely get a good restaurant meal outside of pasta or Mexican food, but this place was amazing for me! I ordered the vegetarian jambalaya (something I've never had since it usually has meat in it) and was in heaven! There were many choices for me and my husband, who is not veggie.

We came right at opening, so we didn't have anyone sitting at our table with us. However, it might have been weird had we been seated right next to random people. I'm not sure I get why they have to have it set up with long tables like that.

The staff was very friendly and our service was top-notch. I highly recommend this place!