“Mostly good”
Review of Wildwood Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Wildwood Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Cross street: NW Overton Street
Transit: Streetcar/Northrup Station
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Went here for a business lunch on a raw Fall day. Quickly seated by a friendly hostess. Music seemed a few decibels too loud, but the server was great and returned several times to check on us. Had the oyster chowder while my colleague had a salad, and we shared an order of bread.

The bread assortment was wonderful, and he raved about his salad. My chowder was somewhat disappointing...flavor was excellent, but the portion was tiny...literally 6 spoonfuls. I wasn't expecting a pint of soup in a giant bowl here, but this little was surprising.

Otherwise this is a nice lunch spot...especially like that they have their own parking lot, much appreciated since 21st and 23rd restaurants are usually a pain to find parking for.

There are newer reviews for Wildwood Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great place to go to in the Pearl. Everything was great. easy parking great service great food great atmosphere

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We love this place. It's a bit pricey, but you get your money's worth. There is parking--atleast in the evening hours. Service is superb, and the food is wonderful. Great wine list as well. Try sitting at the kitchen bar some evening--what a show!!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Staff at our hotel, Inn at Northrup Station, recommended this restaurant and made reservations for us. It's a convenient walk through the back parking lot and across the street. We checked out the menu earlier in the afternoon and thought it looked good. They have special happy hour offerings, only good in the bar, so we agreed to be seated there. For us, that wasn't a great choice because it was so noisy that my husband could barely hear me. It was Farm to Fork week (or something similar), so the restaurant may have been busier than usual for a week night. We ordered wine while deciding on our dinner choices and our server gave us helpful feedback regarding the specials. In fact, the entire staff did a nicely integrated job of serving us in spite of the fact that they were very busy. Bread from a local baker was very good, for a small charge. We ended up splitting a happy hour salad, fennel and arugula with a lemon dressing, and I ordered an appetizer special, rabbit roulade. Incredibly delicious! My husband had a lamb dish that was good, but he preferred my roulade and regretted not ordering it also. We declined dessert. The whole menu was one of the most innovative that I've experienced in a while and I'm looking forward to our next trip to Portland.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

On a trip to Portland, over ten years ago, dinner was so wonderful that I bought the Wildwood cookbook, so I could recreate some of the wonderful recipes. Recently on a quick trip through Portland, I brought four of my friends for another delicious meal, this time lunch. They didn't disappoint. Three of us had the chef's take of a Chili Relleno, a light, but tasty vegetarian pasilla pepper full of fresh local garden ingredients. The other two had the local fish (rock fish) -which was light, extremely delicious and fresh.