“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of New Delhi Restaurant - CLOSED

New Delhi Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Portland, Oregon
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We ate here tonight for the first time. After driving by for over a year and not stopping, we are glad we finally did. We had malai kofta and palaak paneer, along with naan bread. The dishes were both fresh and delicious. The service was prompt and helpful. We will eat here again.

• Visited April 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Verities of naan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

The menu had so many delicious sounding choices we didn’t know what to do. The food was great and fresh. The restaurant was a little dark. The staff was friendly and service was fast.

• Visited June 2012
Tualatin
“Lunch buffet nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was there for lunch recently with coworkers. Over the years I've eaten at four other Indian lunch buffets in the Portland area. I'd say that this one has the poorest selection. It isn't bad, but others are just better. Many of the dishes were thin (mostly liquid) and some of the meat dishes seemed mostly potatoes. The Tandoori chicken was excellent. Nothing was very spicy.

Service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Great Indian food, delightful service and nice decor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I was SO hungry for Indian food and this place was recommended to me by the desk person at the hotel I was in for the night. Being that he was from India, I decided to go with his choice. It was a great choice, so thanks, Mr. Hospitality Inn guy!

I had my favorite, Saag Paneer, some garlic naan and a mango lassi. I ordered my Saag mild, since I can't take much heat, and it's a good thing. Mild had a little bit of a bite, but even the weenie that I am was fine with it, but more than mild would've been too much for me. The saag was delicious, hot, flavorful, fresh and the paneer chunks were the perfect texture and there were a lot of them! At first, it seemed like a huge dish and I thought, "Man, I'm never going to be able to eat all of this," but of course, I did. It was too good and I really was that hungry. The rice was perfectly cooked and made for an excellent combination with the saag.

The naan was good, but could've used more garlic on all of it instead of clumped in the center of the bread. It was just a tad dry for my personal taste, and I've had better, but it was still good. Maybe it just got a little overdone, but it was good with the saag (I like to eat them together). Next time, I'd ask to have the garlic more evenly scattered.

The mango lassi was cool, refreshing, VERY flavorful (a LOT of mango flavor) and the consistency I like. A very satisfying drink to go with the dinner.

The service was friendly and as I was the only customer at the time I came in (I was a bit early for the usual dinner hour, but more folks came in as I neared the end of my meal), I had a chance to chat with the folks. I always like to meet people from other countries and talk about cultural things, food, music, life over there, etc. The guys were friendly and we had a nice time.

I had no leftovers except two of the four naan pieces, and I left stuffed. It was really delicious and perfectly prepared (save for the "I want more garlic" part). I've eaten a LOT of Indian food in my life and this was one of the best. Go!

Visited September 2012
Sacramento, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, better service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

I have been here three times and have not been disappointed. I go with my good friend Jim, who is disabled, and the staff always are quick to open doors for him and see to it that his needs are met.