“A lot of hype for avg doughnut”
Review of Voodoo Doughnut

Voodoo Doughnut
Ranked #2 of 70 Bakeries in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 16 July 2011

If you like sugar on sugar on sugar, you will like Voodoo. The names of the doughnuts were vulgar so don't take your kids if they can read. My choices were simple glazed and Portland Cream but they were just average tasting. Standing in line, laughing with customers and talking with the server was more interesting than the doughnut.

There are newer reviews for Voodoo Doughnut

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Long wait but worth it. Doughnuts aren't gourmet but they are pretty yummy.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

maybe not worth a special visit, but great donuts if you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

This was my first trip to Portland, so of course we had to stop by Voodoo Doughnuts. I was quite taken with the name and decor of the place, and they offered quite a selection of doughnuts with some very fun names. I especially loved licking off my fingers the raspberry filling that oozed out when I bit into my Voodoo Doll Doughnut. Because of the hype, we also shared a Bacon Maple Bar that would have been better if the bacon wasn't burnt, while my boyfriend tried a Portland Creme that tasted exactly like the Boston Cremes we get in our hometown. If you don't mind a wait (we stopped by at 8am and they weren't open, but when we came back a couple hours later the line was quite long) and don't expect out-of-this-world taste, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Even though we came at about 4:00 P.M., the line took well over 30 minutes, probably from doughnut lovers and Man vs Food Nation. The place offers a whole lot of cool and different doughnuts. The signature Voodoo doll was a bit disappointing in flavor, but the crazy look of it was still cool. The Portland Creme is exactly the same as a Boston Creme. The Bacon Maple Bar was great, tasting exactly like a real, hearty breakfast. The Grape Ape and Dirt are also notable picks. Just don't choose your own dozen doughnuts; they'll charge them individually. Oh, and don't come here on weekend mornings. The line can literally stretch to Chinatown.