“Had to try it”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lots of hype and lines but why not? The attraction is the unusual and imaginative decorations but the donuts are just above average. Cream filled donuts are great but other than novelty, would not recommend the bacon topped donuts.

1  Thank 2_sr_travelers

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have visited Voodoo Doughnuts several times in the past few years, whenever I visit Portland. It is a very interesting place. It is quite an education to see the creative minds represented on the menu, with some rather strange colours, shapes, and flavours. The original location is really the best, for the atmosphere that is in the neighborhood. It gives a touch of the bohemian mindset that frequent the area, and allows a cultural expansion for travelers who would not otherwise see some of the interesting people of Portland. I like the Maple Bacon Bars, and the fritters--both hard to beat, oh, yes, the Portland Cream... here is a link to the menu: http://voodoodoughnut.com/doughnuts.php
one tip, as you can see from other reviews: try to go during an off hour. This time we hit it at about 5pm, and did not have to wait more than 5 minutes. I'm sure that varies from day to day. Maybe the Voodoo folks will come up with an app that shows wait time...

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our first attempt at Voodoo Doughnut was after seeing many people mill around the Saturday Market carrying a trademark pink box. Big mistake, the line was up the block and sitting at a stand-still. Not my scene.

We came back early Monday morning at about 7:30 AM. Perfect timing, we didn't wait for more than 15 minutes and were quickly out the door with a load of goodies.

The donuts were good and imaginative compared to the traditional sort. They also kept well over the few days it took us to eat them all.

Considering how often I get to visit Portland I did't feel any shame in being a tourist. This place is famous and I'm glad I had a bite!

1  Thank Nicholas O
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Why would you go here ? Its just for tourists who dont know any better. Tasteless, over sugary crappy doughnuts which are way overpriced. Do yourself a favor and ignore every second person you see carrying a big pink box.

1  Thank TravelBeforeKids
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Every time I looked out my window and there was a long line outside Voodoo Donuts ( the best time is the middle of the night when there is no line ) , I finally gave to temptation and went to stand in line at around 10 pm , my turn quickly came and in 15 minutes I was back in my hotel with my Pink box of Voodoo Donuts. I got Triple Chocolate and Oreo , had all of them but didn't find anything great about them. Yeah the layout of donut shop is a bit goth , it's like a cult classic without any real value to it

1  Thank schawlaf