“Breakfast Sandwich Can't be Beat!”
Review of Cricket Cafe

Cricket Cafe
Ranked #677 of 4,624 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 March 2016

The Cricket Cafe is located in the Belmont neighborhood. The first time I went to the Cricket Cafe I was looking at going to a nearby diner, but found it to be closed. I walked down the block and found this small corner cafe. I ordered the biscuit breakfast sandwich and home fries and was pleasantly surprised! At first I was wondering about the price- $11 seemed a bit pricey, but when my meal came there were TWO breakfast sandwiches made with fresh biscuits, wonderfully cooked eggs, and crisp local bacon. I ended up taking one of the sandwiches with me, and vowed to come back with a friend- which I did!

They have a morning "to-go" special where you get 2 of these sandwiches and a coffee for $4.99! Don't know how they do it!!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I worked all night and looked forward to meeting my son and his fiancé for a birthday breakfast. I was so tired and hungry and had looked at the menu prior to my arrival so I knew just what I wanted! My latte cost $5.50 and while beautiful, was cold! I had my usual breakfast (bacon, eggs, pancake), all cold. The fruit bowl was gorgeous and a welcome healthy side. That was appropriately cold! I was simply too tired and hungry to complain. I think it would be fine if the food was the right temperature. But it wasn't.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Such a great spot for Sunday brunch. The saint hash was everything i could ask for. Great portion size. I can seriously put away some food and left very satisfied.

Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

Both me and the restaurant: full. This place is super-popular so try to avoid peak times of 10-Noon on Sunday, or just be prepared to wait. The food is consistently so good that I overeat every single time I'm here. Hash browns are crispy outside but creamy goodness inside, and both meat-eaters and vegetarians will be happy with lots of options (veggie sausage can be subbed on most things). They have an extensive Bloody Mary menu if you're into that. Service is mostly just fine; it can lag sometimes but nothing too concerning. I recommend any of the burritos, the eggs florentine or the breakfast sandwiches. Also, damn fine coffee.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Pint sized mimosas started it off. Killer food made the meal. Ranchero Hash, biscuits and gravy and a blueberry pancake made sharing at the table rock. Loved it Hope to go back.