“Someone else's tea bag”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #298 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Someone else's tea bag”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We are huge spaghetti factory fans. This particular night we were visiting in Portland and decided to dine here. I ordered hot tea; put a bag of tea in the mug and poured hot water in it. I didn't notice until later that the hot water tea pot already had someone else's tea bag in it. I was really grossed out, and told our waiter (who was nice but seemed very overwhelmed) he did apologize and brought me a new tea pot with hot water in it, but I couldn't get the thought of a used tea bag out of my head. We are a family of four, didn't get offered another loaf of bread and had to ask for more water. Also, ordered all salads with dressing on the side and one came smothered in dressing. It seemed like the waiter was way too busy to attend to our needs, and made me wonder what else was being "re-used" at this place.The view of the water was nice.

• Visited April 2014

Winter Springs, Florida
“Relaxing experience and the food is great!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Sitting by the window, the view of the river is spectacular. This is a great place to get really good italian food. I ordered one of the combination platters. The spaghetti and meatballs was done really good. The meatballs were firm and very tasty. The spaghetti was cooked to the right consistency and drained thoroughly before it was plated. This is something that is not always done correctly. The Italian Sausage was seasoned with just enough kick. Very good! I will definitely be back on my next trip to Portland.

Visited March 2014
Auburn, Washington
“Beautiful location on the river”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I'd recommend the Lounge upstairs and you can look down on the river. Garlic Cheese bread @ Happy Hour is amazing!!

Visited March 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
“A very romantic evening”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were seated upstairs with a view of the Willamette River. The server and manager were very nice in making for a great visit. The food was all cooked properly and was delicious. The surroundings take you back in time.

• Visited March 2014
Bellevue, WA
“Good value, OK Italian”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had planned to return to a small Italian restaurant, but couldn't get in on a Saturday night. Of course we couldn't get in here either, but since they don't take reservations, we waited the 45 minutes upstairs in the bar. The wine selections were disappointing, so our expectations for the rest of the evening were not very high.

The restaurant seems to cater to families and children, with "American" Italian food. So it wasn't what we were planning, but I have to admit that the service was good, the food was fine and the price was low. They do move you through there at a fairly rapid pace - your entree, starter, and dessert are part of the package - quickly followed by the check. But we probably spent 1/3 what we planned and still had an OK time.

• Visited February 2014

Been to The Old Spaghetti Factory? Share your experiences!