“Chance to experience a tiny house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Caravan - The Tiny House Hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed in Skyview the weekend of Caravan's first anniversary and had a great time, fantastic location in the middle of the super funky Alberta Arts District. Had great food and beer neighbouring pubs. Athougth the days were in the low 90s, at night we were cool in our tiny house with both fans going, windows open, and provided white noise machine on. Clever set up, well built and a truely unique experience. Tip: leave your big suitcase locked in your trunk and just bring in necessities. Be prepared to visit with your tiny house neighbours and experience the best of Portlandia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was thrilled to learn about this place and so excited to stay here. We stayed in the Skyline. It was fun to sit up in the loft while cuddling and reading. Be warned, the stairs to the loft are not fun to walk while barefoot because they are metal and have slip-protection jagged marks. Unfortunately, the bed was not comfortable. I woke up many times with sore pressure points on my hip. There were ants all over the kitchen, I even found some in my luggage after we left.
The area is awesome, with lots of amazing places to eat and cool little shops to visit.
Overall, it was not perfect but I enjoyed my time and would stay here again, but perhaps I would pick a different little house.

Room Tip: I read that other people were bothered by street noise but our room was farther back from the street...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bionerd7865
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I specifically picked this place to experience first hand the way it would feel to live in a tiny home. It was everything I thought it would be. The owner met us when we arrived and fully explained the homes themselves and the one I would be staying in. She was very helpful with ideas about things to do and places to go while we stayed there. The accommodations were very clean and comfortable. At first I was a little concerned about the safety in that area but it was fine. Ate in the restaurant/vendor next door and that was unique as well. Ate in a converted bus with interesting artwork on the ceiling. She even had the stuff to make smores! That was such a sweet touch to the whole experience. Complete with wood for the firepit in the center of the property

Room Tip: They are small as they are meant to be. Just read the description and look at the pics to find the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My partner, my dog and I stayed in the Tandem tiny hotel for two nights. We had a great time! The space is very efficiently designed and comfortable. The biggest drawback is the noise from the bar located directly next door - it's very loud at night. There is a sound machine but it doesn't block the noise. Ear plugs are also provided but I don't like using ear plugs.

Room Tip: The Tandem tiny house is pet-friendly for an extra fee of $25.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TorontoLeesar
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the tandem for a week in early October on our first trip to Portland. We had a great time and the tiny house hotel was a big part of that! The location is amazing--walking distance to delicious restraunts and fun bars. We cooked our own breakfasts in the kitchen and stored snacks and lunches in the fridge. It was plenty spacious for us--big storage loft for our bags and a dresser and drawers in the trundle bed for our clothes. Nice little table for eating or playing cards (thoughtfully provided in the room). We rented bicycles and were able to easily get anywhere and everywhere in the city without a car. There are several bus lines very close by which we used as well. We loved the outdoor area which had comfortable chairs and a fire pit (and s'mores supplies)--we enjoyed chatting with the other guests in the evenings. The whole outdoor area is secure behind a locked gate so we felt safe leaving our rental bikes out there despite it being in a busy location. Last, but certainly not least, we loved meeting the owners, Deb and Kol. They gave us numerous tips of places to check out and were super quick to respond with any (minor) issues that arose. They made us feel really special, like we were their house guests, not just customers. STAY HERE!! You won't regret it!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
8  Thank Susantaclaus
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed for about a week in August in both the Tandem and the Rosebud. They are delightful accommodations right in the centre of the awesome Alberta Arts District. The host was lovely. Each unit was comfy, well appointed and had all the amenities needed.

Room Tip: I liked the tandem the best, a bit larger.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cdntravelgirl007
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed in "the Rosebud" for a night during our honeymoon and it was a blast. My husband still can't stop talking about how comfortable the memory foam mattress was. We really enjoyed the outdoor seating area and the area where you can build a fire. The whole area was so relaxing I fell asleep out there twice. The shower was pretty great for it's size. Lots of storage space considering how "tiny" everything was. I probably wouldn't stay here if I planned on cooking my own meals, but in that neighborhood there's absolutely no reason to. Only suggestion is bringing eye masks because there are two tiny windows up where the loft bed is and the sun shines right through them. We'll definitely stay here again if we end up back in Portland. <333

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple