“It was our fifty anniversary and our kids gave us the surprise of a lifetime. They hired a limo that took us to Jake's.”

Jake's Famous Crawfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Famous Crawfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 4,594 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW Stark
Transit: Light Rail: Stops @SW 10th ave/Galleria. Walk 2 blocks up to 12th Ave, take a right and come 3 blocks down to SW Stark St. Trolly: Heading North; Trolly stops at 10th Ave & SW Stark St, walk 2 blocks up Stark Street. Heading South; Trolly stops at 11th Ave and Washington, walk 1 block up to 12th Ave turn right and come 1 block down Stark St.
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Everything! The staff was so corcial when we came in and they had a special menu that was Jakes and then it said Happy 50th
anniversary

The staff was very cordial and greeted us with congratulations on our 50th anniversary. A special menu had been made for us saying Happy Anniversary..the waitress was specially nice and said that our kids had taken care of the bill The food was so wonderful..It was a dream night.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,321)

Reviewed 12 August 2012

After taking visiting famiy and friends to Jake's for the past 30 years, I came to the realiziation: "Wow, we've never had a bad meal at Jake's, ever." In fact, returning visistors always ask if they can eat at Jake's again. Any time of year, Jake's always has a great selection of fresh seafood. Fall, wintr, spring, summer: Always great selection. In fact, it would be safe to say, if Jake's doesn't have it, it's because they coudn't find the best seafood available. Great slads, great soups, great entrees, and desserts worthy of breaking any diet. A meal at Jake's is a sure thing: a fine meal for everyone, and a good time for everyone. Always.

1  Thank William P
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Try the chef's special stuffed salmon - the best! Great wine pairing, appetizers, and excellent service

1  Thank flee90210
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife ordered a dish which was filled with Dungeness crab leg meat (no shell, no body meat), artichoke hearts and mushrooms. If you like crab, it just doesn't get better than this. Don't overlook the dessert that comes in a "chocolate bag". I'm a big dessert eater and it was delicious, but even I had to take half of it back to my hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

"Jakes Crawfish" was the standard response whenever we ask 'what do you like for seafood?'. Pretty much every waiter pointed us there. Even a friendly bum on the street, who must have once known better times, offered it up as an unsolicited recommendation and thank you. That was a dollar well spent.
Upon arriving, I liked the place immediately.

We slipped in about 20 minutes before our reservation to test-drive Jake's saloon. You've got to love a place where the bartenders wear white coats and bow ties. None were kids, all were seasoned pros, and with every preparation proved they'd earned those white jackets. These, were Doctors of Drinkology, and their concoctions made one think, 'now THIS is a cocktail'.

Dinner in the crowded old fashioned dining room was just as good. Both my wife and I followed the Chef and our waiters recommedations, and from salad to dessert, every offering hit the bulls eye. After ordering, we munched on rough delicious sour dough bread in anticipation.

I selected Wild Sockeye Salmons on a cedar plank that came sitting next to a mountain of divine truffle infused mashed potatoes. It was better than great! But it was my wife's dish of dungeness crab over mixed vegetables that was the evening's homerun. Featuring the biggest hunks of crab either of us had ever seen, each sweet butter mouthful made us swoon. Not that she was ever willing to offer over an actual 'mouthful'. Even so, the greedily protected crumbs I managed to steal were proof enough.

There are likely other Portland restaurants equally as famous for their seafood, but if I ever get back to the city, I'm heading straight for Jakes.

Travelers Tip: there are two Jakes. One for seafood, one for steaks.
I'd bet the steaks are just as wonderful, but for seafood the traveler should head SW 12th street.

You're going to love it. We sure did. And for our 'last night in town blowout', spent just less than $100.