“Melt-in-your-mouth steak!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 140th
Transit: Served by 25-Glisan/Rockwood Stop ID 2047 NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Westbound Stop is in Fare Zone 3 - OR - Stop ID 2048 NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Eastbound Stop is in Fare Zone 3
Description: For more than 6 decades we have be offering guests the best steaks in town, providing impeccable service with an unmatched wine list with continuous family ownership, RingSide is Portland's favorite Steakhouse! The Eastside restaurant features great steaks and a wide range of entree options in a more relaxed country club-like atmosphere only 10 minutes from the airport. Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings; a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural beef. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001. RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD.
“Melt-in-your-mouth steak!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Met friends for dinner. Excellent service from the minute you walk in. Our friends ordered the surf and turf happy hour special. My husband and I ordered steak. My filet mignon was cooked to order and was wonderful. My husbands steak was over cooked. I also had the cheese potato croquette and steamed asparagus. They were good, but nothing extraordinary. The service was outstanding; never an empty water glass! Very extensive wine list to order by glass or bottle. The reason for not being 5 stars on everything? The steak was great, but the rest of the food (including the onion rings) was not any better than many restaurants in the Portland area. Also, it was a bit expensive in comparison to what you get. This was my first visit to Ringside, so maybe I'll give the one on the west side a try next time.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Yreka, California
“EXCEPTIONAL onion rings”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I am not into the golf course scene so the landscape has no appeal . All of the food served at the Ringside is of the highest quality. Like the outside patio seating area for a casual meal or the upscale service in the dining room.. Have always had pleasant dining experiences at the Ringside. They serve ONION RINGS that are simply Out of this World....

• Visited July 2013
Magalia, CA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

After hearing all the hype about the Ringside, we went to dinner at the one on Glisan. On the special board for that evening was a "Kobe Sirloin" with a mushroom, red wine reduction. I ordered medium rare, which was described as red in the middle, but warm. The kitchen hit that right on the head. It was cooked perfectly. Unfortunately, the piece of beef was full of gristle. The red wine reduction was very bland and the mushrooms almost non-existent. The mashed potatoes came out luke-warm at best, but had good flavor. The service was rather amateurish, with the waitperson unsure of what was actually being served. All in all it was rather disappointing. I gave it three stars because the ambience, which was warm and cozy.

• Visited May 2014
Portland Oregon
“They put the fish in fish and chips”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have ordered the fish and chips for lunch twice in a row. Their fish is better than I have had in seafood restaurants. It is the perfect amount of breading and fried to perfection with a generous serving. I have always enjoyed their steaks and lobster for dinner but this simple lunch was a very pleasant surprise.
The first time the service was absolutely not up to their standards. It was letter to the manager worthy. The second time the service was fantastic up to nearly the end, then it disappeared. I get the impression that they want you to eat and leave ASAP. Even though there are empty tables and no rush, once the food is served and they have checked on you once they tend to disappear. Not entirely, they hang out up at the bar area and talk with each other but you are not in anyway encouraged to take your time and need them any further. That is never my experience in the restaurant but always my experience in the lounge/patio area at lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Par For The Course”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been to the main Ringside on Burnside and loved it, so we decided to try the east side location for Valentine's Day. We had a reservation for later in the evening and we still had to wait for a table. The greeting staff seemed frazzled. The dinner selection was slimmer in pickings compared to the Burnside location, although priced lower at the same time. They had very few single-pour selections for wine, which bothered my wife. The food (NY strip for me, filet mignon for my wife) was okay, but not exceptional for the price. The only really good thing was our server.

Been to Ringside Grill? Share your experiences!