“Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Enjoyed a late breakfast at Mother's on Saturday 8/1 with the beau for his bday while visiting the beautiful city of Portland. We both agreed, one of the best meals we've had in a restaurant. We had a tough time deciding what to order since so many of the dishes sounded amazing. The beau opted for the grilled portabella scramble while I went for the salmon hash. Figured this way we got to taste a bit of both.

We also shared an order of pancakes which were out of this world. I could taste citrus in the batter. I'm sure of it. As a matter of fact, the pancakes were so good that I was lucky to get three bites in.

I make a mean pancake but I bow down to Mother's for their recipe. Had I known they would be the best pancakes I'd ever tasted I may have been a glutton and ordered my own stack to accompany my hash.

Overall, the food was fresh, tasty, filling and worth the wait. Well, we didn't wait since we had reservations. But if you are forced to, trust me, it'll be totally worth it.

On another note, our server was pretty awesome too. Shout out to Kevin for the service with a smile, and the bday candle in the pancakes for the beau. He was quite smitten over that. And I hate that I didn't get his name, but the lovely gentleman who showed us to our seat was also wonderful. Warm, friendly, professional and great attitude.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
“Brunch Heaven”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had brunch at Mothers on a recent overnight in Portland. I had the Waffle with Oregon Blackberries, Whip cream and Maple Syrup. Not normally a waffle girl but the best I have ever had. Fresh OJ and great tea to complete. Hubby had a Cordon Bleu Fritatta which was huge and good. Place was packed by 9am so glad we went early

Visited August 2014
Milwaukie, Oregon
“Happy Hour at Mother's Bistro & Bar!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is one of my favorite hang out with my daughters. We enjoy coming for the happy hours. The ambiance, food and service is very nice. They really care about their customers! What a nice place to visit!

Visited February 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Eclectic atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The menu was amazing. They have pastries in the display case that will make you want to order only pastry. The Bloody Mary's are well worth the purchase!! Most of the food dishes were excellent, service was extremely slow due to the amount of business I'm sure. We waited 45 minutes after ordering. This took a lot away from the experience. I wouldn't bother with the biscuits and gravy, average at best. The omelets are really delicious, though. We were a table of 5, difficult to seat us, on a Friday morning. For the most part, it's a restaurant I recommend; few ups and downs, but over all very good.

Visited August 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great Breakfast spot in downtown Portland”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a fun, atmospheric breakfast spot with great food. Fun for family and friends with good home cooking.

• Visited April 2014