“Delicious !!!”

JaCiva's Chocolates & Pastries
Ranked #101 of 129 Dessert in Portland
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

My family new favorite place for cakes. The red velvet cup cake is delicious. The berry cake is astonishing.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

JaCiva's is the most unique experience you will ever have in a bakery/ after dark dessert/ or chocolate shop. This business from the ground up is built upon the love and dedication these two owners have for each other and their community. You are treated like royalty here with the personal touch and owners present, they always seem to be there!

"After Dark" I believe is 5pm to 10pm Thursday-Saturday. It is the perfect place to sit down with that special someone to have a dessert made from only the best ingredients with a menu that has something for everyone, even if you don't like Chocolate.

Truffles, Salted Caramels, Florentines, Cakes (including Seasonal specialty cakes), oh I could go on and on. I have been a customer since the beginning of this amazing place. I have yet to get anything there that I didn't like. Fruit Cake is mostly fruit and nuts, nothing like I have ever experienced! They have the most unique wedding and special occasion cakes, we had them make our wedding cake and many others during the years.

Children there are cherished as is every customer that comes to the daylight hours bakery and sweet shop. A MUST FOR THE PORTLAND EXPERIENCE! It only takes once to become a lifetime customer of the most personal shop around Portland!

Reviewed 8 September 2012

This is the best place in Portland to get layer cakes. They are beautiful, taste great, moist, made from good ingredients, and lasts well. I didn't care for cakes that much before JaCiva's. Bought them time after time for years.

Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Wow, JaCaiva's is very awesome. The eclairs, carrot cake, pastries, and chocolates. Ooh they are great. Great customer service, and the great Chef Jack takes time to check up on the customers. It pays to care! For that reason, it was my first time at his shop last night, and I am going back. I want that Key Lime cake.

Reviewed 21 May 2011

Stopped into JacIva's for their Saturday night dessert cafe. I had Seventh Heaven cake (7 kinds if chocolate) and my wife ordered chocolate bread pudding.
Everything was rich, decadent and delicious. Service was excellent.

For 25 years Jack and Iva have had this business and the family flair is evident. Jack's grandson was budding tables ("I love my grandpa!"), Jack warmed my wife's chocolate sauce when he thought it got cold, and Iva delivered our desserts.

Terrific experience overall!