“In the Mood for Ice cream”
Review of Salt & Straw

Salt & Straw
Ranked #3 of 126 Dessert in Portland
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Description: Small-batch, chef-driven ice cream made by hand with local ingredients since 2011. We hope you love it!
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was a favorite of ours while visiting Portland, Oregon this summer. It was within walking distance of our hotel, and because of that it became too tempting to go more than once. Unless you go on an off time, the lines are usually long, but they move fast and it is certainly worth the wait. They have very unique flavors. Among my favorite was Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbon and Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A great selection of ice cream in the sense of the weird and wonderful combinations. It is worth just sampling a few for the experience let your taste buds go crazy. I had the cinnamon snicker doodle and loved it.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

So many unique ice creams. Several locations around town. I recommend this after lunch rather than after dinner. The ice cream is rich and if you're full from dinner, you won't be able to finish. And that will be sad.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Easily the best ice cream I've ever had- can't quite explain why but I think it was just the right amount of creamy, and the ingredients were very fresh. The waffle cone was made 5 seconds before my ice cream was scooped in. We went twice, tried the one with the chocolate and cacao, chocolate brownie, salted almond brittle, and strawberry and balsamic and they were all good. The line wraps around the building and I understand why- it's that good. There are a lot of friendly people working there to move the line along and feed you samples while you decide.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I'm not a big fan of ice cream, but I do really like this place and would say it's the best Ice Cream I've had. Everything about Salt & Straw (other than the occasional line out the door) is wonderful--the customer service, the atmosphere (for an ice cream shop), and my favorite: the assortment of unique, even bizarre, flavors/flavor combinations that taste fantastic.

Even if you don't think ice cream is the best desert or way to get your dairy serving for the day, you should check this place out!