Open today: 06:30 - 19:30
Review Highlights
A Fun Golf Course with an Awesome Clubhouse

The Clubhouse renovation and Remodel was completed this past Winter. A full bar and kitchen produce... read more

Reviewed 15 July 2017
DewPortland
Portland
via mobile
Much better the second timne

It's been almost 2 years since I was here last time. The first time we were followed for 3 holes... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2016

from US$65.00
from US$149.00
from US$129.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I must admit that I was frustrated with my start at Wildwood. Being a Florida golfer it took quite a while together used to the dramatic changes in elevation and small greens which did not hold shots. Some of the holes on the front nine seemed tricked up. For example, the fifth hole, a par three, has trouble all around it and a green which runs away drastically to the back. Once I got on the back nine, the course architecture improved and so did my game.T he views are spectacular of Mt. Hood and green pine forests are everywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this nine and the price is right- twenty seven to walk for me as a senior with a hand cart for the clubs. Worth the short trip out of Portland.

Date of experience: July 2013
callum b, Manager at Wildwood Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Thanks David, obviously a golfer with an objective eye for the technical side.

We've made greens a key focus for the grounds crew over the past couple years since your post, working the right combination of aeration and rolling to maximize playability through holding balls while retaining surface tension to allow a stimp meter score of 9.75 as a seasonal average. Last year the feedback was really encouraging.

We've also enlarged several greens, 11 over this winter, and will be remodeling 1 from scratch at the end of this season.

Our philosophy as a business is to try and take something that is causing an issue and make it a real strength. We're constantly pushing to improve. As a family business we all have a stake in the long term legacy of the course and take pride in what we have created - the architecture you describe was planned, dug, irrigated, and landscaped by Bill by himself back in the early 1990s - were putting together a photo montage that is pretty astonishing.

Anyway we hope we can see you on the course this year too, and I hope we can give our best to earn your five stars.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Very pretty golf course kept in great condition, friendly staff and wonderful views.
Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2012

Thanks Null! I see it's been a few years since your post, since when we've made a lot of improvements and changes to the course and club. I hope we can see you out again this year!

All the best,

Reviewed 1 September 2008

This is a beautiful golf course just outside of Portland. It has many challenging holes with elevated tees and greens. You won't find a prettier setting anywhere!

1  Thank camastown

Thanks Camastown! I see it's been a long time since your review. We've made loads of improvements and changes since then, I hope we can tempt you out to try and earn your five stars this year!

All the best, hope to see you again soon,