“Wanted to try something new and this was great fun.”

Andrea's Cha-Cha Club
Ranked #66 of 215 Nightlife in Portland
Bakersfield, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wanted to try something new and this was great fun.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

For my friend's 39th b-day I wanted to get a group of us togther to try something new. This was it! You go at 9pm for a lesson, reasonably priced at $10 and the instructor is fantastic. If you decide to bring a group, make sure you book with one of the young women there and not the older guy. He left out some information and was cranky and at one point, rude. I believe his name was Frank.

The rest of the staff were very sweet and helpful. The instructor knows his stuff! He helped all of us learn the moves, and even had friends that would dance with us. There was nothing creepy or inappropriate about any of it. Then at 10p the places starts jumping! Lots of people come and dance to some really good music. There is a bar downstairs so you can take a break from the dancing.
You can also go upstairs to the Grand Cafe which was also quite busy. There is a bar and karaoke upstairs. Plenty of people got up to sing. It was a fun evening for several hours.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank mlaw1970

Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great local dancers, flighty instructor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

Andrea's Cha Cha club is an interesting experience. The dancers who come here are great - I had no idea what I was doing and the guys just smiled, took my hand, and spun me around the dance floor. I had no idea what I was doing because our instructor (who we waited for for over an hour) didn't show up until the actual dancing started at 10. We had already paid for instruction so the woman promised to teach us, and then proceeded to spend the majority of the night dancing with her friends. 1 of the 5 of us got about a 30 second 'lesson.' Mind you, about 12 other people showed up for a lesson and they didn't get one either. It is ridiculous to offer lessons and not show up to teach them. However, the guys that were there tried to help us girls out, and made the evening totally enjoyable. After all, this is a salsa club, you can't really help but have a good time.

Redondo Beach, CA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places for salsa is Andrea's Cha Cha Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2009

Portland is a cute enough town, but Andrea's Cha Cha Club plays honest to goodness good salsa. Usually dj...which is fine as the club is small. I've been there when they had a band and it was just too crowded. The crowd is very friendly.

There is fairly convenient parking. You may have to hold your breath as you enter the smokey bar, but once you descend the stairs, the music draws you in to a safe and clave-filled world.

Call ahead...i've gone on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and they usually have an early p.m. class.

2 Thank Sandrinaav

Been to Andrea's Cha-Cha Club? Share your experiences!