The best thing about this hotel was its location - just to the south of downtown Portland. Breakfast fayre was also pretty good.
But I have three significant negatives to report about our third floor room:-
1) The door was not draught-proof and so the room became very chilly. In the morning you could see daylight creeping in all around the doorway as the outside air continued to rush in.
2) When the lady next door got up early to have her shower we were woken by the noise. We heard her turn on the shower and drop her soap - that is how soundproof the room was.
3) Although I knew about this beforehand, I don't see why guests with cars should have to pay $15 a day for car parking. It is just a rip off and seems more so when I recall that in no other hotel on our North West Pacific holiday journey did we have to pay a car parking fee.
University Place is a big hotel but it is becoming rather dated and needs upgrading if it is to justify its room prices. The TV in our room was chunky old school and so modern oblong TV images were incomplete on the square screen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable rooms and conference space with easy access to everything in downtown including Pioneer Square, Saturday Market, and Portland Art Museum. TriMet public transportation located right in front of the hotel. Outdoor seasonal pool, free WiFi and giant cookie upon check-in are just a few of our great amenities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your University Place Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- University Place Hotel Portland